Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA hiking boots
  • BillMC

Karrimor Men’s ksb Orkney II Weathertite Hiking Boot Brown 3649BRN157 10 UK

I just got a pair of these on Amazon, 120 down to 30. Result!

Stoner
    Free Member

wow bargin. Pity they’re vibram soled though. Loadacrapola!*

* YMMV, IMO etc etc.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Yup vibram soles are carp. I have a pair on my Karrimor booties and they are more suited to ice sliding than gripping.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Bargain indeed if you have small feet 🙁

scruff
    Free Member

My Local TK Maxx has these in. Came up big for me so I got a size smaller of a different Karrimor type.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Wow! That is a bargain. I almost persuaded myself I needed some

cp

hmmm, you know there are different breeds of Vibram sole? Granted, some are phish (generally the cheaper, more plasticky ones) whilst others are great.

Stoner
    Free Member

the original vibram stuff was fine, but when they soled out* and started banging out recycled chinese car tyres they have become responsible for more falls than Vivian Westwoods high heels.

* see what I did there? 🙂

anjs
    Free Member

Did you actually try them on before buying? Might be a great deal but not much use if they dont fit

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Merrel seem to do a good line in ice/teflon soled shoes. Fine in mud, utterly lethal on anything like wet rocks.

My current pair (walking shoes not boots) are slightly better than others I’ve had but not by much. I only got them because they looked okay TBH…!

Stoner
    Free Member

Merrel seem to do a good line in ice/teflon soled shoes

Merrels only use Vibram which is why I will never own a pair again
    (you have to own just one pair of vibram soled approach shoes to get a proper understanding of terror 😉 )

Waderider
    Free Member

I don’t know what you guys are on. Vibram has a large market share for a reason, it works well. And the guy up there complaining about it not gripping on ice – please stay away from Scotland in winter, mountain rescue are busy enough.

martinxyz
    Free Member

oh leave him alone.. he has yet to get to the crampon sale page ;O)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

sports direct/soccer world etc usualy have them in for a similar price, used to buy the approach shoes at uni as walking arround Sheffield requires decent shoes and cheep shoes as they just don’t last!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA hiking boots’ is closed to new replies.