Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA for those with a heavy right foot
  • Cougar

From http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/13012011/36/britain-s-fastest-police-car-0.html

“Lotus has donated one of its Evora sports cars to the traffic cops operating in the West Midlands.

it’s not a permanent fixture, as Lotus has loaned the car to the force, so it will only be on the beat for two weeks as part of a trial.

Drivers can expect to see the Evora patrolling the M5, M6 and M42 motorways as well as the M6 toll road.”

Can’t say as I’m shocked, people habitually do silly speeds down the M6 Toll Road because they can (there’s an urban myth that it can’t be policed due to it being ‘private’, and it’s usually a very clear stretch of flat road). I’ve been overtaken many times like I’ve been stood still. If you’re one of those people, stop it!

z1ppy

Well if it’s as reliable as my m8’s lotus exige, you won’t see it much.. (electric/alarm issues)

wwaswas

more than a hint of the Lancia Stratos with that Lotus?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MSP

Urban areas pose a much greater danger, if only they would police speed in those areas more.

uplink
    Free Member

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

FuzzyWuzzy

I predict something similar to this happening: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/6700068/Italian-police-Lamborghini-Gallardo-written-off-in-crash-with-Seat.html

Given the crappy weather conditions at the moment I’d much prefer to be chased by that than your standard Police scooby/evo

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

No more than a PR exercise.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s like the Interceptor of Mad Max 🙂

wellhung
    Free Member

“Lotus has donated one of its Evora sports cars to the traffic cops operating in the West Midlands.

it’s not a permanent fixture, as Lotus has loaned the car to the force, so it will only be on the beat for two weeks as part of a trial.

Drivers can expect to see the Evora patrolling the M5, M6 and M42 motorways as well as the M6 toll road.”

Can’t say as I’m shocked, people habitually do silly speeds down the M6 Toll Road because they can (there’s an urban myth that it can’t be policed due to it being ‘private’, and it’s usually a very clear stretch of flat road). I’ve been overtaken many times like I’ve been stood still. If you’re one of those people, stop it!

Yes they do Police it as it’s about the only stretch of motorway in the Staffordshire/West Midlands area to speed on. Police tend to be on the South side of the toll by the Steel canal bridge with a radar gun allegedly.

uplink
    Free Member

Most of the police motorbikes will be faster [some substantially] than that anyway, so it’s hardly altered their operational ability

Crell
    Free Member

They’ve done it a few times before. Pure “PR” (if you class this as PR). Just another of the 400 “specials” they launch.

unklebuck
    Free Member

Its the unmarked patrol cars you need to look out for, although they never seem to be around when someone passes you doing 100mph+

jumping_flea
    Free Member

I wondered what that cop car was on the m42 this wednesday.

I saw it pull over someone on the southbound M42 nr Solihull. Not much room for traffic cones in the back and its not hard to spot in the rear view mirror

PS – ironically it had pulled over a Nissan Sunny – it must have had to use all of its speed 😉

scaredypants

Its the unmarked patrol cars you need to look out for, although they never seem to be around when someone passes you doing 100mph+

off-duty coppers innit

pixelmix
    Free Member

Sounds like a good excuse to bring up this again:-

or this classic story. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA for those with a heavy right foot’ is closed to new replies.