Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA for the Sheffield peeps
  • nickhart
    Free Member

not the most interesting but possibly really important to folks commutes. Sheffield have a shed load of road improvement/work planned, there is a map here into which you can put your postcode and it gives you an idea of when the work will be starting. It doesn’t show the details of the work though which is a shame. I think commuting on two wheels is going to be the future!

evh22
    Free Member

2016???? You’ve gotta be kidding me. Rivelin bank road is worse than the Beast at the moment. They are leaving the hilliest bits until the end when they will have run out of money.

I hear the company doing it have just done Birmingham and cocked it up royally, but they were the cheapest bid, hey ho.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Does this mean we will be able to ride through the city without full suspension.

Usual ‘kin Sheffield CC genius – colour coded, always a bonus for those of us who are colour blind. Not really an issue as it’ll never happen.

evh22
    Free Member

If you double click on a road it tells you the date. It’s all in a variety of pinks and purples.
    Alternatively it should say: Now, soon, maybe, never.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

or perhaps, Ha!, Haha!, Hahaha! and Whoooohahahahahaha!

cp

It doesn’t suggest what’s actually going to happen to each road – simply that something is… if you click on the link to what might happen, it could be new trees.

Pook

bearing in mind mine in Crookes has just been properly resurfaced, they can’t have much faith in the works…. it’s down here to be redone in 2016….

docrobster
    Free Member

Hagg Hill next year sounds hopeful. Punctured both wheels simultaneously going down there on the road bike the other week.

jfletch
    Free Member

I feel special, my road and the car eating potholes outside my house might be fixed in 2017. Well done sheffield council.

And the worst bit of road to cycle on, the diagonal straight bit of road if you turn left of before the fox house to cut across to the road down to froggatt, the one where the downhill bits feel like uphill due to the state of the road, that might be done in 2016. Bravo Sheffield city council.

They don’t need those “welcome to Derbyshire” signs, you just look for the change in road surface!

nickhart
    Free Member

well i’m glad i mentioned it! 🙄
    rivelin is exciting at the best of times, i’m waiting for the little bridge near the holly bush pub to collapse next time we have a flood.

alex222
    Free Member

Its a done deal; money from Europe. Loxley road first zing

JonEdwards
    Free Member

bearing in mind mine in Crookes has just been properly resurfaced, they can’t have much faith in the works…. it’s down here to be redone in 2016….

And my road was done a couple of months back and is due again for 2017…

evh22
    Free Member

I think Houndkirk moor has had more work done on it than most of sheffield.

Coming home down those hills does get me psyched up for a ride though, until i come round the last corner and nearly slide off the road

That bridge will be fine Nick, it was built in the age before economy so will be built to last. Don’t take my word for it though, i don’t want you falling in the river on the way home from the pub, I hear that’s not such a pleasant experience 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA for the Sheffield peeps’ is closed to new replies.