• This topic has 41 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • PSA: cheap Ragley mmmBops at CRC
  • simon_g
    firestarter
    Free Member

Bargaintastic 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'd buy one, but they're still so unbelievably fugly!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I'd buy one, but they're still so unbelievably fugly!

Looks like a bike frame to me.

Jamie
    Free Member

Now if I had not got a new frame a month back I would be tempted by that…..

Onzadog
    Free Member

Maybe I should buy on and keep it to one side for when my Pace 305 snaps.

trout
    Free Member

Being a suspicous git why are they so cheap .

is it to make way for a new fangled frame set from the Shed in Toddy

atlaz
    Free Member

Do we take that to mean there's a 2011 model somewhere down the line?

Padowan
    Free Member

At that price, I'm tempted to buy a spare one, or perhaps a blue one, so I can change my bike colour as my mood takes me!

DT78
    Free Member

Oh ffs. Could have saved myself £50.

thisisnotaspoon – so you secretly thought my bike was fugly up at swinley then?! – you told me you liked it, I feel hurt and let down.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

+4% quidco

trout
    Free Member

I love mine wonder when the Ti will have 40% knocked off

well there is 20% off at the moment

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

so you secretly thought my bike was fugly up at swinley then?! – you told me you liked it, I feel hurt and let down.

Yup, very ugly, looks like something you'd pay £50 for from brand-x! I like the idea of them, a hardtail esigned for more than pootling but only weighing 3andabit lb. But you have to admit they aren't good looking!

stanfree
    Free Member

I thought £210 from the Bike chain was cheap the other week , but this is outstanding value. Wish I had a spare £150 now , maybe the wife and kids could survive on bread and water for a couple of weeks.

Simon

I bought one for £219 2 weeks ago which I thought was a good buy, at the time they were £275 at CRC 🙁

I've gone to it from a 456. I wanted something lighter, that climbed better when seated. It ticks both those boxes.

Anyway here it is. Photos were taken as it was getting dark, the green is much nicer than it appears.

And riding yesterday.

chakaping
    Free Member

How stiff are these at the back?

Am I insane to be considering it even though I've had back problems and my steel HT sometimes gives me backache?

freeridenick
    Free Member

Good value – but I do have to question the sizing…
    the 16 inch has a 23 inch top tube. that seems very long to me. My 15.5in PA is 22.5in – which is pretty long for starters.
    DB Alpines (16 in) are only 22 inch.

Probably very stable at speed but chuckable/jumpable??

5lab

also worth noting they have a few NS bikes on the cheap (including the Surge) as well – certianly worth a look if you're after this kinda thing

ojom
    Free Member

Seeing as this came as quite a suprise we will be contacting everyone who bought one from us in the past week to square them up on the price difference.
    Will in the shop should be in touch soon- I is off til Thursday.
    Stanfree-give me a shout or see you wed night.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

TBC – See you wednesday night then. I'm needing that hope headset so i'll pop in sometime soon. Hope the move's going well…. 😀

ojom
    Free Member

Paul- move went pretty well. Lots of sorting to be done but all bikes are in the garage so priorities are right.
    Sooo many boxes to deal with. Aghh.

DT78
    Free Member

Sounds like I should have bought my frame from thebikechain….

I'm riding an 18" and I'm just shy of 6' it feels big but in a good way, I haven't really jumped it much yet but if felt really stable and easy to air through the gully jumps at Swinley, I was quite surprised.

Chase
    Free Member

Took the plunge and bought a blue 16" to replace my Summer season. Just need to wait until mid August to get a headset onto octobers credit card bill – Given it too much stick lately.
    After a very quick go on Simons yesterday and a spin on the 18" at the weekender, I must say i'm really looking forward to getting it built up.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Was going to get a summer season as a playbike but out of stock so couldn't pass up this offer 😀

Simon

Anybody know why CRC are doing them at such a knock down price?
    Do you reckon they've not sold due to the daft name?

elaineanne
    Free Member

daft name ? not so daft at all… i quite like them…. id have one if they made a 14 inch frame…. then agin i ride the trails that they are named after . 😉

mooman
    Free Member

very tempted to get one as a spare……

Northwind

Just threw down for a 16 inch myself. In the horrible blue as a mate has the less horrible green. Now it and my Soul will get to compete in a tug of love to see which gets my affections, and more importantly my wheels, forks and groupset.

(If the mmmbop wins, it's probably getting powdercoated a better colour. By which I mean, "any other colour". British Racing Green mebbe, or a really lairy orange)

DT78
    Free Member

The blue is lovely. Though I am bias as I have one.

scaredypants

from the pic, seems there's no iscg tabs – is that right? (i thought they had one)

Northwind

Therefore demonstrating a shocking lack of taste :mrgreen:

Nah, just playing, it's not too bad, looks alright with white kit.

DT78
    Free Member

no tabs. current using a 1×9 setup with a mrp1x

and yes mine has white bars, like everyone elses 🙂

lots of pics (including mine) on this thread

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/here-is-my-new-ragly-mmmbop-finally-finished

Woody
    Free Member

That is a strange reduction compared to the others. ❓

Anyone know why ? Seriously tempting 😕

ojom
    Free Member

Supply chain.

elaineanne
    Free Member

Northwind : the 'Blue pig frame' comes in 'orange' too ! did you not like that colour ?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Gag! No 20" 🙁

Chase
    Free Member

Ordered Saturday. Arrived today. Stickered up, but that's all for now. With the Pikes at 95mm and the saddle dropped, this bike is going to have a darkside, hence the opposing stickers….

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4134/4860266337_51beeecc6d_m.jpg[/img]

DT78
    Free Member

I like the use of the white on black / black on white shadow thingy on the decals nice.

Took me 2 days to decide how I wanted the decals 🙂

Northwind

elaine anne – Member

"Northwind : the 'Blue pig frame' comes in 'orange' too ! did you not like that colour ?"

I do, I just don't like the fact that it weighs as much as my full suss frame :mrgreen:

atransition
    Free Member

just got a 16" from the great guys @ the bike chain but unsure if ive got the right size im 5ft 11" 32" inside leg still think an 18" would be better?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘PSA: cheap Ragley mmmBops at CRC’ is closed to new replies.