Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PSA: Cheap Montane stuff
  • Baldysquirt
    epicsteve
    Free Member

Also noted some other bargains on their. Hilleberg Akto tent listed for £200 (usually is £350) – very tempted but SWMBO would not be pleased if I bought yet another tent.

Jamie
    Free Member

Some nice stuff there for running as well as good prices on the Salomon trail shoes i have been looking at. Shame i am skint tho….bah!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    meeeee
    Free Member

is the velo version worth getting over the standard smock type? Both are £20, just wondering how effective the vent bits are on the velo style

TooTall
    Free Member

The velo is a much better top – longer sleeves and a more cycle-specific fit.

slugwash
    Free Member

I got the Velocity DT from F&T for £45 in the spring. Excellent jacket, I lived in it for two very wet days in the Alps and it held up against several torrential downpours. Highly recommended.

I've also got the standard featherlite smock, which seems to have long suffciently long arms and back for cycling. Very lightweight and wind/shower repellent, wearable next to the skin and packs down very small. My only concern with that one is its durability. If you wore it a lot with a backpack or brushed against too much prickly vegetation then I'd expect it would soon get damaged. An excellent back-up wind/showerproof though.

Field & Trek did seem to take a long time delivering the goods compared with the likes if CRC and Wiggle.

BTW, People often say the Montane sizes come up on the generous size so if it's any help in choosing your size The Montane Velocity large seems to be about right on me but the Featherlight large seems comes up a bit more spacious. But of course, you don't know how big I am 😉

monkeychild
    Free Member

Good shout 😀 Just got a running jacket.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Cheap Montane stuff’ is closed to new replies.