Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PSA Card cloning.
  • goatster
    Free Member

PSA paypal/chainreactions card cloning alert.

Just had my card cloned. Only place I have used it when I’m not there is crc via paypal.

No proof, but the day after I was in Paraguay using cash machines.

T

AlasdairMc

Paypal can’t clone your card. CRC don’t see your card details.

greeble
    Free Member

wouldn’t be done if it was via paypal…. paypal is secure and the transaction to crc wouldn’t disclose your card details

most prob a cash machine or similar…

martinhutch

Edited to remove idiot content…

v8ninety

I’d be looking closely at petrol stations, smaller shops, eateries… PayPal is not the droid you are looking for.

soobalias
    Free Member

Only place I have used it when I’m not there

afraid that has nothing to do with anything, unless know what the card reader is connected to.

thomthumb
    Free Member

you don’t have to use the card for it to be cloned. my mum her card cloned – it had been in the safe for 2+ years.

greeble
    Free Member

you don’t have to use the card for it to be cloned. my mum her card cloned – it had been in the safe for 2+ years.

😯 how?

goatster
    Free Member

Just letting you know, crc certainly had probs not that long ago, and the only place I had been other than that was the bank itself.

T

jota180
    Free Member

Paypal don’t send card details to a retailer, they can’t and have no need to

how?

They take a guess at the numbers

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

it wasn’t crc that had the issues a while ago IIRC and paypal will not be the cause of the problem.

goatster
    Free Member

If you haven’t enough money in your paypal account, your default card is used to make up the balance. This is the card that got cloned. Only place it was used other than the bank which I would hope is more secure.

Anyway just trying to help out, I hadn’t used them because they have had probs in the past and I won’t use them again.

Adios T

jota180
    Free Member

If you haven’t enough money in your paypal account, your default card is used to make up the balance

so you haven’t used it at crc then?

druidh
    Free Member

goatster – Member
    If you haven’t enough money in your paypal account, your default card is used to make up the balance.

It tops up your Paypal account and Paypal pay CRC, so CRC never have any idea of what the card is!

willyboy
    Free Member

Can i suggest for people using Paypal, that you use a different password for ebay, your email and Paypal.

My paypal account was hacked a few years ago and it seemed that someone had also hacked my email too. At the time the passwords were the same.

brant
    Free Member

Monkeys/typewriters/Shakespeare.

Northwind

It doesn’t really need said again, but if you pay through paypal CRC never see your card details. Keylogger? Online fraud wasn’t my area.

OTOH the majority of physical card cloning happens in unattended cash machines, petrol stations, small shops and restaurants. Or at least did, when I used to deal with it- couple of years ago now but I doubt it’s changed.

milky1980
    Free Member

Cloning by copying the details from cash machines is still a massive problem. That’d be my first guess. The gangs put a discrete reader and camera on a machine for ten mins, maybe less, then scarper. The latest one is connecting directly to the machine reader and storing the data, no outward signs that it’s been tampered with.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘PSA Card cloning.’ is closed to new replies.