• This topic has 80 replies, 58 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Mr_C.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • PSA: BBC2 8pm – Top Gear
  • s
    Free Member

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May compare the Mercedes SLS, the Porsche 911 GT3 RS and the Ferrari 458 Italia in an epic road trip up America’s east coast. Along the way they undertake a series of challenges culminating in a fight to find the fastest way into New York, all in the name of crowning the world’s greatest sports car. Plus, a round up of car-related Christmas stuff and another celebrity takes to the track as the star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

Jamie
    Free Member

Apparently the second of the 2 specials, or whichever one is on Sunday, is the one that is going to break the awesomometer.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Gt3 RS! Plus bonus of having No seats for the children 8)

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Overly contrived and tired formula.

Watch as Jeremy races a rocket powered aquirrel in the latest blah blah, it looks like the squirrel has won, BUT WAIT, here comes Jezza, it’s a photo finish but clartson takes it.

Yeah I’ll be glued to the screen. 🙄 😆

Cougar

?

stylish
    Free Member

have a look at the listings for tonight then, total rubbish on every channel i have, (freeview) so its Top Gear or talk to the wife, and i did that last night…………….

Onzadog
    Free Member

We’ll be watching burn notice from the start again instead.

s
    Free Member

stylish – Member

have a look at the listings for tonight then, total rubbish on every channel i have, (freeview) so its Top Gear or talk to the wife, and i did that last night…………….

lol, Good call stylish 😉

Jamie – Member

Apparently the second of the 2 specials, or whichever one is on Sunday, is the one that is going to break the awesomometer.

Does sound good..

I meet JM once at a Beer Festival, top, down to earth bloke.

uplink
    Free Member

Download & watch Boardwalk Empire, it’s pretty good
    starts officially here in a few weeks I think

m0nster2
    Free Member

Top Gear. Total pish.
    However, I will be tuning in to see how the Barchetta gets on on Sunday’s episode… since mine suffers from all kinds of minor ailments – but I forgive it 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

Pish or not, I’ll be watching it with a glass of Bushmills.

TheFlyingOx

Many thanks for the PSA.
    I’m supposed to be shopping on Argos for wee nephews and neices, but thought I’d sneak a quick look on here.

Bonus: It’s on BBC HD!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Looks like it’s gonna be a cracking series!

KonaTC

I’m hooked again

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Hammond’s hair 😯

sc-xc

I can’t be alone in thinking I would love to take the road bike up that road….

King-ocelot
    Free Member

What would you keep? Porsche, Merc or the ‘rarri?

mogsuncle
    Free Member

I love that Merc. Silver with the red interior, please! Then I can pretend I’m Stirling Moss.

Gary_C

And break the speed limit….35mph ??? WTF ???

Cougar

Why’s Sky say this is episode 7/7? *boggles*

mogsuncle
    Free Member

Maybe it’s like the lap counter in Formula 1 (which I still get confused by).

shoopnasty
    Free Member

Top gear…..top cocks !!!!!

bazza17
    Free Member

Why’s Sky say this is episode 7/7? *boggles*

I thought that – Not on the BBC HD channel either yet – Bloody Holby City… ❗

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve always loved the 300SL… never knew about the SLS. I’m just off to sell a kidney and perhaps even a lung.

Cougar

Not on the BBC HD channel either yet

Do you have a different service from me? I’ve been watching it for the last hour nearly, ch169 on Sky.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

“Pants, hur hur hur”
    “cock, hur hur hur”
    “<sarcasm and cynicism> hur hur hur”

Insufferable dullards.

eth3er
    Free Member

I’m enjoying this. Tiff though?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FeeFoo – Member
    Whine, whinge, complain, whine, whinge, complain

Insufferable dullard.

No one’s forcing you to watch it.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

True, but does that mean I can’t comment on it?

shoopnasty
    Free Member

If you don’t watch you cannot have an opinion. The stig stuff was out of order but you’d expect that kind of thing from a man who not only has the same initials but actually thinks he his the messiah. Cock.

coogan
    Free Member

I thought the Stig part was the funniest.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

A race through manhattan = not the best use of three supercars 🙁 poor

RealMan
    Free Member

I thought they went a bit overboard with the stig bashing too, but I guess he deserves it.

Yeah, 500 miles, with a support van, do it in a relaxing week, sounds like a brilliant holiday. And the cars can barely go as fast as you. Brilliant.

M6TTF
    Free Member

who cares if the programme was shit , the cars were frickin awesome – a big finger to the greeny save the planet types. job well done

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The bit on the drag strip had me in stitches! 🙂

Houns

Good episode rest of series glimpses look great too

slackman99
    Free Member

Ermmmm, missed it as I thought it was at 9pm. Iplayer seems to suggest that it’ll be aired again xmas eve and thus won’t be available online till after that, am I reading that right?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Twas Ok, but a bit tired and old. Bit like it’s presenters really. Entertaining though, although a bit bereft of varied content. Just the drive across america, which was drawn out to fill up time. the bit with the presents was so contrived it was embarrassing really, and even the Star in a car was a bit bland. I think TG is past it’s sell-by date really; to me, it peaked with the trip through Vietnam and that.

Clarkson is an idiot. This has not changed. He’s struggling with it these days though, bit like having to strain to have a wee. Poor old fool.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Regardless of the presenters, the narrative or the format. The camera work and imagery is stunning. I agree the glimpses of the rest of the series look good, spotted an F40 and GTO.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Slackman – I think it is repeated on Xmas day.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘PSA: BBC2 8pm – Top Gear’ is closed to new replies.