Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • PSA bbc1 8pm earthflight
  • racefaceec90

it looks stunning (after seeing the trailer) i will definitely be watching it 🙂 [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqCD2RCgq28[/video]

CountZero

Got it already set up on series link. What I’ve seen looks astonishing.

Cheers – just series linked it – in HD 😀

Northwind

Looks like a must-watch. Stapling gopros to birds is a bit unethical though.

corroded
    Free Member

Me too, looking forward to it. Just hope it doesn’t have ridiculously dumbed-down commentary as seems necessary in nature docs: ‘Birds use wings. *long pause* And feathers.’
    Can always turn the sound off and enjoy the filming, which looks incredible.

Cougar

Just passed on the message to my mate who’s a twitcher / photographer (I’ll link to his gallery if anyone’s interested, he’s not been doing it long and he’s got some cracking shots). Cheers for the PSA.

Northwind

corroded – Member

Just hope it doesn’t have ridiculously dumbed-down commentary as seems necessary in nature docs: ‘Birds use wings. *long pause* And feathers.’

I think this one is going for the more modern “Look what we did! We’re so clever!”. Which is fair enough really.

souldrummer
    Free Member

So far it has lived up to the hype from a photographic point of view, but the narration and music is awful and really detracts from what could, and should, be a really good programme.

CountZero

So far no ‘this is how we did it’ stuff, but I did spot something extraordinary in the background of the pelican piece, where they’re following the dolphins.
    About three seconds after Tennant says “the youngsters learn that dolphins follow schools of anchovies” in the middle distance on the right, a manta ray suddenly leaps clear out of the water, turns over a couple of times then dives back in! Never seen anything quite like that before. I know they sort of ‘fly’ underwater, but leaving it?

DickBarton

Never seen anything quite like that before. I know they sort of ‘fly’ underwater, but leaving it?

You try finding tv work if all you do is swim under water…probably Finding Nemo was the biggest hope for the Rays…and since then (what with no sequel!)…they’re trying anything to get back on the screen…

CountZero

Lolz at Mr Barton.

racefaceec90

that was awesome (the manta rays leaping 😯 well the whole program is tbh (don’t have sound as my digi box is broken 😉

CountZero

Yeah, just got to the bit where there’s the whole shoal, (flock), leaping out of the sea. Amazing stuff.
    Looks like its going to be another amazing series.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Gosh. 😯 Mighty impressive stuff. I’m not a great TV watcher if I’m honest, but I guess this is what the licence fee (and HD) is for.

Entertainment, education and information. Lord Reith would be very chuffed.

Fantastic cinematography and some educational value, however – I found it a bit dis-jointed in places and occassionally repetetive. Although the narration was ok (just), I couldn’t get away from the fact it was David Tennant – it may as well have been Shane Richie for me. Give me Attenborough any day.

Will continue to watch though.

cbike
    Free Member

The Horseshoe crab footage was sped up. and not for an obvious effect.

still good thouogh.

corroded
    Free Member

Awesome episode tonight:
    Starlings 1 ; Peregrine 0
    Mayflies 0 : Sand Martins lots

rs
    Free Member

So far it has lived up to the hype from a photographic point of view, but the narration and music is awful and really detracts from what could, and should, be a really good programme.

life cycles with birds then?

CountZero

The close-up of the Grey Cranes over the city was outstanding, and the ultra slo-mo, especially the martins takin the mayflies just fantastic to watch. Beautiful camera work.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘PSA bbc1 8pm earthflight’ is closed to new replies.