Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • PSA – Bargainiferous SLX Cranks, BBs etc
  • couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Someone on here mentioned these German guys before but I never got round to checking them out. I’ve just got some stuff from them and cant believe the price difference to Merlin etc.

OK delivery is 6 euro to the UK and took 3 days with DPD (quicker than CRC these days!) and if I have to return something to them then that’ll cost me more.

Btw – Google Chrome translates the pages to Britannienish automatically.

Anyways:

SLX Triple 175 inc BB: £67 (80 Euro):
    http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/a9961/slx-kurbel-fc-m660-175mm.html

SLX Double and Bash 170 inc BB: £75 (90 Euro) :
    http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/a10121/shimano-slx-kurbel-fc-m-665-inkl-bashguard.html
    SLX Double and Bash 175 inc BB: £84 (100 Euro) :
    http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/a42308/slx-kurbel-fc-m665-inkl-bashguard-175mm.html

SLX/XT BB’s £13 (16 Euro): http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/a8834/hollowtech-ii-innenlagerschalen-slx-xt-sm-bb70.html

SLX Cassette 11-32: £25(30 Euro): http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/a9639/slx-kassette-cs-hg80-11-32.html

lowey

No thats cheap. Cheers.. think I’ll grab a set of them SLX triple.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmmm XT cassette seems cheap too….

sniff
    Free Member

Looks good. Click on the Union Jack for English if your not a chromer.

ElShalimo

Has anyone ordered a full bike from them? And how much delivery costs?
    They’ve got some good deals on Cube Hardtails and the £:€ is looking much better than it did a few months ago.

granny_ring

Cheers Coulda, some bits hopefully on the way.

Haze

Hmmm, £38 “best price” for the Gore arm warmers I ordered from Wiggle yesterday…for £22 8)

rondo101
    Free Member

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k413/a10120/slx-crankset-fc-m660-48t.html

Is there any reason I couldn’t replace the outer with the e-thirteen bash on my current chainset for a 26/36 front set up? For €80 I’d be mad not to…

hopkinsgm

Wish you’d posted this *before* I ordered an SLX triple from a UK supplier yesterday. It’s been a couple of years since I’ve bought cranks – couldn’t believe how much prices have shot up.

hoochylala
    Free Member

I have ordered (and awaiting delivery today fingers crossed) a whole SLX groupset (10spd) from another German bike shop for £180 😯

Thats £100 cheaper than closest price of Merlin

ononeorange

Used ’em for cranksets and bits, service was excellent. Highly recommended.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Would the cranks be left hand drive…? !

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Wish you’d posted this *before* I ordered an SLX triple from a UK supplier yesterday. It’s been a couple of years since I’ve bought cranks – couldn’t believe how much prices have shot up.

Sorry about that: tbh given they were £50 cheaper than merlin I honest thought there’d be something dodgy about them (no chainrings/bb etc) so I waited ’til they arrived before posting 🙁

hopkinsgm

No worries couldashouldawoulda – don’t suppose you’d be prepared to answer a couple of questions just out of interest? Well, there’s an element of “may be using these guys in future” about it too! 😉

How long did they take to arrive?
    And – not that it matters if they’re going to be fitted on a bike – were they OEM or fully packaged in retail box?

Like I say, couldn’t get over how much pricing of Shimano cranks has gone up in the last couple of years – last ones I bought was an SLX triple, think I paid Merlin about £75 for them…

Bregante

Would the cranks be left hand drive…? !

they are, but I put mine on back to front and soon got used to pedalling anti clockwise

bent_udder
    Free Member

Hopkinsgm – if you’re willing to return them, you can send stuff bought online (in the UK) back within ten days for a full refund. Distance Selling Regulations, innit.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

No worries couldashouldawoulda – don’t suppose you’d be prepared to answer a couple of questions just out of interest? Well, there’s an element of “may be using these guys in future” about it too!

How long did they take to arrive?

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I ordered cranks, derlailleurs, cables, and some bits on a Monday.

They arrived on the Thursday. All retail packaged (except a derailleur that was in plastic bag).

I’m in the same boat about price – it’s unreal what Merlin charge now.

Anyways, Im a convert!

Edit -just to be clear- the stuff arrived earlier than expected, cheaper than I ever hoped for, and had all the bottom brackets, chainrings, no vat/duty etc…Anyways, they are my first port of call in the future…

Junkyard
    Free Member

hoochylala – where which one ta – linky

hoochylala
    Free Member

Junkyard – check link here

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/slx-groupset-for-blue-pig

all arrived ok on Friday (only took 3 days)

hopkinsgm

@couldashouldawoulda – thanks for the info – they have been added to my useful linky repository.

@bent_udder – bit late for that unfortunately, I was in the throes of bike building and simply couldn’t wait any longer. But I’ll know for next time…

granny_ring

Anyone else waiting for their order?
    Ordered mine Friday and credit card’s not been charged yet so I’m wondering if they’re out of stock…..

Scamper
    Free Member

SLX double and bash seems to have gone up to 100 euro, now sold out. Oh well.

rondo101
    Free Member

Had an email earlier today to say mine’s been dispatched.

Prices started going up the day after this thread was posted

grumm
    Free Member

SLX double and bash seems to have gone up to 100 euro, now sold out. Oh well.

The 175 crank version is still available for 100 euros.

Bregante

No it isn’t. Just had an email saying no longer in stock

granny_ring

Got an email today saying mine’s been dispatched. That was for 170s though 🙂

rondo101
    Free Member

And mine’s just arrived.

Triple chainset & BB – not retail packaged, but bubble-wrapped in a plastic bag, so it looks like OEM stuff. Not that it bothers me for a £50 saving over Merlin’s prices.

granny_ring

Arrived today all boxed except the cassette. Good service.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Can say I’ve just ordered a whole bunch of kit, inc SLX chainset; arrived in no time.

Massive £ savings!

Bregante

Weirdly, three days after I got an email saying the slx double was out of stock, it arrived. Not oem either

kaesae
    Free Member

😯

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Bargainiferous SLX Cranks, BBs etc’ is closed to new replies.