Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • PS3 Online players…
  • monkey_boy
    Free Member

Too old and should know better but i was a ZX Spectrum kid…

Getting a bit tired of Zombie maps on COD world at war….

1 – Does anyone on here play it online? I'm sick of playing with scary kids and mad yanks.

2 – Are you going to by the new modern warfare game, i never had the first one is it really better than WAW?

3 – What other good multiplayer games are there? I'll give pretty much anything a go, fancy getting FIFA

4 – Also waiting for Gran Turismo when it come out in 2057

Cheers

slartybartfast
    Free Member

LMAO 2057 Gran Turismo. I think it will be delayed. GT was the only reason i bought my PS3.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Modern warfare was very good, and the 2nd version will be better!!
    I really should know better, but i'm really looking forward to it. and whooping the mad kids who play it non stop

bawbag
    Free Member

Been enjoying Uncharted 2 online recently. Some really good modes and plenty of weapons/skins to unlock to keep you interested.

Never really been a huge first person shooter fan but enjoyed the single player in the first Modern Warfare.

Wipeout HD and the add-on pack, Fury is lots of fun.

Add me to play online, PSN: cmoirs

steviegil
    Free Member

I still play COD4 a fair bit as its a far better game than 5 also i am going to get Modern Warfare 2 when its out very soon 8)

I have been tempted by a few other game's like fifa, tiger woods etc but i alway's end up back at COD4…

Feel free to add me – ESG13

i_am_JC
    Free Member

Little Big Planet. Possibly the greatest game ever!
    Modern Warfare was far superior to World at War and Modern Warfare 2 looks as though it will be even better so will probably be on my christmas list.

ex-pat
    Free Member

I've been enjoying Red Faction Guerrilla – I tried online with it but that never seemed to find anyone playing, and it seems to be convoluted to get online too.
    Having said that, I may try again as the single player is seriously ace.

e.g. Had a typcial rescue the hostage mission – so I grabbed a dump truck (it's a mine) and drove it through the building several times. Far easier than getting into a fire fight! Marvellous.

Saccades
    Free Member

Warhawk is a great game, dirt cheap now.

Uncharted (1 and 2, yes 1 isn't multiplayer) are both great games and I enjoyed resistance: fall of man too, never got around to R;FOM2 as I'm still warhawking.

I played the World at war demo and it didn't do anything for me.

Milkie
    Free Member

1 – PS3 here!

2 – Not buying COD at that price! Are they mad!?

3 – Good Multiplayer games… Dont play many.. Guitar Hero?

4 – Gran Turismo should come out March next year, hopefully!

I'm currently playing Need For Speed Shift to keep me going until GT is released.

Anyone play Guitar Hero, Burnout, NFS Shift, want be PS3 friends?

BlingBling
    Free Member

I dont own a single game for my PS3.

I'm seriously "core" FPS on the PC and cant get use to the stupid gamepad thingy.

idontlikechips
    Free Member

I've played the ashes online a couple of times, I will play FIFA and then get beaten 10 – 0 by an 8 year old who lives on a diet of cheeseburgers and findus crispy pancakes. I can't wait for MW2.

My username is longmover45

rOcKeTdOg

been playing 'grid' since i got my PS3 a few weeks ago, it's fun online too

monkfish
    Free Member

1. Yes, not tired of zombies either best is level 31 with 2 of us. Online is hit and miss as there are plenty of herbets out there.

2. Definitely getting on release day. As for better all day could be spent arguing the merits of each. Worth getting COD4

3. for cheap try Resistance 2 or get Uncharted 2

4. Not my cup of tea

Sidney
    Free Member

1. PS3 here to. Level 37 on Zombies Der Riese with two of us.

2. I'm getting MW2 – found it for £37 on Coolshop.

3. No idea.

4. Given up.

What are peoples tactics for Der Riese?

monkey_boy
    Free Member

cheers all, will look at those games.

sidney/monkfish add me if you want

monkey_boy4UK

got to level 28 with two people, open up the thompson side then camp by the M1 alley, one at the window and one watching the alley way. obviously dont open the door into the mainframe or the door into where the pump is.

got to level 39 with 4 people, using the teleporter room by the bowie knife. one stays at the cave window, one stays at the window up on the gangway and two watch the main door. key is to get betty's srtaight away and plant them for later on, this helps massively

i really need to get a life.

Drac

Have a PS3 but rarely play online like wise I'm a PC fan much easier and far better game experience.

COD4 and WAW are both great much prefer WAW has a nicer feel to it than COD4.

Very unlikely I'll MW2 as the price is scandalous.

Sidney
    Free Member

Level 37 with two – camp on gangway above bowie, betties by mystery box location. One needs a wunderwaffe and to shoot large groups at bottom of stairs, letting ones or twos up (2nd gun ray or mg). The other needs mg and ray gun and takes all the ones that get to top of the stairs and come through the window. If possible set electric fence at beginning of round. A little luck helps.

I saw this link on AV forums today but haven't had a chance to check it out here.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Drac that's me and you in a serious minority in prefering WaW to MW.

Dare to tell your name?? 😮

grunty
    Free Member

I have Operation Flashpoint: Dragons Rising.

Pretty darn good too. I have played COD WAW and thought it was far too arcadey. OF:DR is very realistic, environmental factors count when firing.

Drac

Dare to tell your name

Dracy but as I say never really on.

OF:DR is ok but is in serious need of patching or the servers anywhere near stable yet?

grunty
    Free Member

Not had a problem per se with ONline gaming at all with OF:DR, apart from some little scrote (about 8) telling me 'don't be a F***ng machine gunner, be a F****NG medic YOU F*****G C**T'

Managed to get on to a game everytime. I don't play online loads though. I did have a problem for the first couple of days.

monkfish
    Free Member

monkey boy will add later – my psn is itreallywasntme

My strategy for der riese from the top is rounds 1-3 don't open any doors and use pistol and knife. 8 shots in the leg followed by a quick swipe with the blade gets you 210 points per zombie. Try and let them out so you can get the bonus's, max ammo and double points is especially useful here.

Rounds 4-10 ish I camp near the first mystery box location and try to get a decent gun, monkey bombs, quick reload and jugger. After that its camp on the stairs above the bowie knife trying to leave a crawler at the end of each level by throwing a monkey bomb out of the window to get the remaining perks and a papped ray gun and mg42. The wonderwaffe I just can't get used to.

That vid posted on avforums is where the guy flicked between the double tap area and teleporter c with a flame thrower and papped ray gun. He gets to level 41.

brick
    Free Member

PS3 here.
    Moving house tomorrow and need to get broadbanded up again but add me – biw1971 – and i'll play COD4 & WaW with you when i'm on.

I also prefer WaW – it just feels better shooting germans for some reason.

Milkie
    Free Member

Here's my username: MilkieDJ

I'll be playing NFS Shift or Guitar Hero tonight. 😀

cb

Killzone 2 anybody?

Great fun online and under 15 quid now. Loads of players online, though some clearly have no jobs to go to…

Drac

Ooh that's new

grunty
    Free Member
    Sidney
    Free Member

I prefer WAW! Always have done. Find it more realistic somehow (wasn't around in WWII) in a way I can't really explain.

tomzo
    Free Member

Add me

tom22n

If you fancy a game of zombies now as I'm bored and nooone in the entire world seems to be playing!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘PS3 Online players…’ is closed to new replies.