Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Proper riding in wales
  • Tiger6791

Yep, there are loads and I know you gave CaptainFlashheart a hard time but it's worth picking a base and getting some maps packing a bag and just head off for the day.

I can leave my front door (of the house in Wales) and within minutes be up on the hills.

I have a route which takes me out accross the hills and over up to Cadair Idris and back. There's technical stuff, downhill stuff, climbs, fords to cross.

I'll see if I can draw it up.

But you can't go far wrong if you pick a good base maybe Brecons or Snowdonia get out a map follow it 50% and follow your nose 50%

singlespeedstu

Piston.

We might be in Rhayader this weekend. Drop us an email and we'll see if we can sort a ride out.

Doug
    Free Member

A Few routes here.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

ssstu, ygm.

lowey

Ton, what route are you taking for the Wayfarer… I'm thinking of doing that in a couple of weeks.

joolsc
    Free Member

Nobody's mentioned Ride the Clwyds yet, some great rides in North East Wales. Based around Ruthin and Cilcain.

gearfreak
    Free Member

If your ever in S-Wales a post on mtb-wales or castlebikes.co.uk will probably result in some volunteer guides for a days riding. If you are around during the week castlebikes have a monday and thurs eve ride, and mtb-wales a weds eve ride.

singlespeedstu

piston.

Nothing's come through yet.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Used to go here a fair bit

http://www.visitmidwales.co.uk/thedms.aspx?dms=13&feature=51&venue=1024287

Really good rides with stunning scenery.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Probably helps to use the right e mail address.

molgrips
    Free Member

Can't possibly mention single rides – it's like asking where are the pubs and restaurants in London.

What CFH was trying to say was look at a map – there are routes all over them.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

I can see the point of the post, the bridleways, rupps, boats etc on OS maps can be of variable quality and in the worst cases not there which can seriously bugger up your day. I don't see the problem in recommending a few routes as a taster then one can explore if time permits. I see this as one of the best features of a forum like this where those who know an area can share their knowledge, or is this too simplistic? I can't see that publicising good routes is a bad thing providing the user doesn't expect waymarking, risk assesments and a trail centre on every corner.

molgrips
    Free Member

We didn't even get a general location though originally.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Proper riding in wales’ is closed to new replies.