Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Procrastination – I Hate It
  • PlopNofear
    Free Member

I have no self control to just do my work. Hence I go on STW. 😆

iDave
    Free Member

procrastination is the soul rebelling against entrapment

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I was gonna write something witty here now, but I can’t be arsed so I’ll do it later.

motivforz
    Free Member

Ditto. Trying to revise and do work for my exams etc, and really struggling. Anybody got any tips?

PlopNofear
    Free Member

I find disabling the internet helps, unless you’re using it.

brooess
    Free Member

I love procrastination but lack the discipline and just keep putting it off.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Can I get back to you on this?

yossarian
    Free Member

If you can’t be arsed to do any work then don’t.

Time is not linear and we did not haul ourselves out of the sea by our fins in order to go to work.

What’s the worst that can happen? Really?

CountZero

I’ve got some thoughts on this, I might post them up later on.

CountZero

I’ve decided to put it off ’til tomorrow.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

it is the thief of time

Bregante

I’m going to read this later……….maybe

Markie
    Free Member

It’s the reason I’m going to be working till midnight finishing off something that I should’ve / could’ve / would’ve finished on Thursday. Boo.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I was the queen of procrastination this afternoon…did nothing I was meant to, fell asleep in the sun, woke up, moved to the sofa and dozed there instead 🙂

Bregante

Markie – Member
    It’s the reason I’m going to be working till midnight finishing off something that I should’ve / could’ve / would’ve finished on Thursday. Boo.

POSTED 7 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Markie- Do it in the morning

jonb
    Free Member

For revision I found a proper plan helped. But make it realistic and start as early as possible so if you miss days you don’t end up in a flap.

Find out when you work best. I can work solidly from 8am to about 1pm. After lunch it’s less productive. After 4pm and it’s just isn’t worth bothering (so I didn’t and planned this in). Somepeople do mornings some do late nights…

Find a style that works. I used to condense my notes. BAsically rewriting them until I could get an entire course onto a side of A4 with the key words/phrases triguring memories.

Have proper breaks. If you find your mind wandering then get up, be distracted but give yourself 5 or ten minutes then get back to work. Working in a half hearted way is not effective. Better ot stop and and then restart.

Coffee.

Get “the fear”. I found at uni doing a couple of past papers after reading through my notes once scared me as I couldn’t do them. Fear was a great motivator.

Have a goal. Why are you revising and what reward will it bring.

Markie
    Free Member

Markie- Do it in the morning

😀

I would, except my wife is off to work at 6:20 and I’m looking after our daughter who has to be at swimming for 9 (baby swimming is ace!)!

I’m kinda in the groove now – I just wish it didn’t take me so long to find it… and I recognise that the lie is given to this last sentence by the fact I’m typing on here!

I like the idea of ‘the fear’. In a theoretical way at least! Funnily (?) enough, when I have anxiety dreams they are always about university exams / essays!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Procrastination – I Hate It’ is closed to new replies.