Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Procamerashop.co.uk – any user experiences?
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

OK, before I spunk a grand and a half on this, any user experiences of dealing with Procamerashop?

Google shopping reviews are all very positive and it’s the best price I can find on the web but I’m always sceptical about things like warranty, customer service/backup etc.

Cheers,

SC

-m-
    Free Member

No personal experience, but you do know that you’re buying from Hong Kong don’t you?

If you’re aware and happy with the warranty and/or import duty situation then ignore me 🙂

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Cheers -m-

Wasn’t aware of buying from HK; the site has a postal address in Carlisle. Wouldn’t be a problem if the only implication is a delay in receiving the camera as I’m not in a great hurry. I’m more concerned about the “grey import” thing though if Sony UK were to refuse product registration or warranty claims.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Import duty? I’m assuming that the price quoted in £ is what I’m going to pay.

nbt

Not used them personally but having spotted something there the other day I checked and there’s quite a bit of feedback on talkphotography – overall I must say it seems positive. as -m- says, there’s a HK company – if you look the postal address is carlisle, but dig deeper into the Ts & Cs pag and the address is in Hong Kong. the TP threads reckon that the carlisle office will asnwer the phone and give you plenty of feedbacj straight away so maybe worth calling

I’d be wary of the ‘in stock in 1-2 weeks’. Could be any length of time really – I believe these cameras have been slow into stock due to the Thailand floods.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

Aware of the supply problem but Jacobs have had them in stock until recently so some must be getting through.

I’ve just checked Jacobs and Jessops and both have dropped their prices since I last looked and both have stores about half an hour from me so looks like they’d be a better bet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Procamerashop.co.uk – any user experiences?’ is closed to new replies.