Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Probation at work
  • easygroove
    Free Member

i’ve just completed my 3 months probationary period. I’m enjoying the job. Do i make a point and let the management know or do i just keep on truckin’ as if i always expected to get through probation?

(FYI – i work in boutique professional services firm)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Don’t see what point there is in mentioning it, unless you want to ask “I presume there are no issues?”

wrecker
    Free Member

boutique professional services firm

WTF is one of those?

wwaswas

boutique professional services firm

window displays for small clothes shops?

joao3v16
    Free Member

If you’re on an official probationary period I’d have thought your employer would be lining up a review to talk about your performance & your aspirations etc …

easygroove
    Free Member
    I_did_dab
    Free Member

I looked at the website and this sprang to mind…

xiphon
    Free Member

Is it in your contract how long the probation is?

If so, just a gentle reminder to your line manager wouldn’t hurt

“As I’ve now completed my probationary period, I would like to have a formal review with you about how it’s gone”

zovelo
    Free Member

Don’t forget to tell the boss that you must be due a pay rise now you’ve completed your probation period…

allthepies
    Free Member

Have you ever thought about putting one of the mannequin’s wigs on back to front ?

Rubber_Buccaneer

If you were in the UK you would be expected to buy cakes. If you have your dates wrong and you do in fact get a little ‘sorry but we’re going to have to let you go’ chat no worries as cakes are also appropriate when you are leaving 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

joao3v16 – Member
    If you’re on an official probationary period I’d have thought your employer would be lining up a review to talk about your performance & your aspirations etc …

+1

wwaswas

If it were me I’d not be linking to my employers web site on a site that was so well google ranked and where I wasn;t entirely sure that I had finished my probationary period.

MrGrim

MTFU and get on with it. If your manager has any issues with you he/she will soon let you know. No news is good news. Do you need validation to feel like you’re doing a good job?

wrecker
    Free Member

Looks like a fairly standard civil engineering type outfit to me.

project
    Free Member

Probation at work

so if you fail, back to prisonthen, or comunity service.

easygroove
    Free Member

wrecker – we do no civil engineering design at all!!

easygroove
    Free Member

Mr grim – some feedback would be nice in these uncertain times

jota180
    Free Member

(FYI – i work in boutique professional services firm)

You’ve certainly passed the BS lingo appraisal with flying colours

MrGrim

easygroove – Member

Mr grim – some feedback would be nice in these uncertain times

Sorry, my reply wasn’t very constructive or helpful. Your manager is likely to have objectives set by their manager. Performance reviews is probably one of them.

What size of company is it? Do you report into a director or do you have a few layers of management? Smaller companies tend to have less of an HR structure.

If it’s a big company then just casually bring it up with your manager ask how he/she feels you are getting on. It might trigger them to remember to do some kind of review. If you’re not geographically near your manager then call them or send them a polite email saying how much you are enjoying the job and ask if they have any feedback to assist you going forward.

avdave2

I’m about a month short of being here 16 years and I haven’t had my 3 month review yet, I’m just keeping quiet and hope no one notices.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Probation at work’ is closed to new replies.