Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Pro 2 singlespeed bolts keep coming loose
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Right this is the second time ive had this but while riding the 6 mm bolts come undone- over about 20k or so.

It happened 2 years ago and hope replaced the axel no question. Cant see any difference in old axel or new one with the verniers but replaced it anyway and it cured it for 2 years

its happened again. Any one else experiancing this? None of my old customers have had it – but this hub is one of the early batches theres are all much later hubs.

Bearings all smooth and freehub is clean lubbed. and free

trail_rat
    Free Member

no one at all ?

Anthony
    Free Member

Search the forum. There was exactly the same thread a few months back.

trail_rat
    Free Member

if its there its not under any useful name …..

doesnt show in search in various combos of the words

frosty
    Free Member

Get a chris king rear hub and your problem will go away. I've never had this problem.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ever helpful niall – im gonna retaliate with 'thats only cause you dont ride it'

bonzodog
    Free Member

I was using the bolt in method on my SS with the pro 2 trial/singlespeed hubs. I cant say they ever loosened on me though.

The reason I changed back to a QR system (popped in some Hope inserts) was cos the bolt heads started to round off too easily when I removed the rear wheel.

That doesnt really help you much, but Im a sociable geezer so I thought Id chime in 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

i was thinking about there for my next wheel build i might not bother now 🙁

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

Ive had no probelms with mine mick, only complain that it is loud!

bonzodog
    Free Member

Its a fantastic hub, I just didnt get on with the bolts.

firestarter
    Free Member

the bolts are the selling point for me as it will make wheel removal on the monkey easier than at the min. They are bloody loud tho lol

Jason
    Free Member

I had a problem with mine the first time I used it as I hadn't tightened the bolts sufficiently. However since then, and several 1000 miles later, I haven't had any problems.

Brainflex

Not had any problems with mine over 3 years.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Pro 2 singlespeed bolts keep coming loose’ is closed to new replies.