Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Privatising the Forestry Commission
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

In 30 yrs of working in both private and public sectors I simply have never seen what you describe. I have been a union convener as well

My basic point remains.

Why should our workforce have the worst terms and conditions of any of our competitor nations, why is our government pursuing massive cuts that no other government is doing?

This whole cuts issue is a ideologically driven con on the back of an artificially created moral panic and far to many of you are gullible fools who believe it.

We remain a low tax low spending economy in comparison to our competitor nations. Our workforce gets a far worse T&C than in the rest of Europe. There simply is no need for the scale of cuts proposed

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Why should our workforce have the worst terms and conditions of any of our competitor nations,

Our workforce gets a far worse T&C than in the rest of Europe.

the 1 million+ eastern europeans now working in this country must be mugs then

coffeeking
    Free Member

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
    {William Shakespeare}

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Baseless scare story in a shit newspaper.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

andemJeremy – Member
    There simply is no need for the scale of cuts proposed

They still don't get it, do they?

Luckily those who share your viewpoint are firmly out of the picture now.

clubber
    Free Member

In two years time it's going to be interesting to look back and see if TJ (et al) is just a wailing lefty and little really changes or if he's really right and we really see massive changes. I suspect that he'll be partly right but a lot of the cressers doom stuff will be wrong – eg a comfortable middle ground.

grazzer1
    Free Member

+1 for TJ
    early night for backhander 😉

kimbers

face it the torries will be jizzing themselves at the chance of selling off something as non-essential as the FC
    i wonder what affect it would have on trail centres and insurance in particular.

marty
    Free Member

what insurance?

over the whole forest estate, i'd imagine risk from built trails is swamped by other stuff.

IanMunro
    Free Member

i wonder what affect it would have on trail centres and insurance in particular.

Should be fine, the new £10 a ride fee will have it factored in.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

trail centres and insurance in particular.

ask the Llandegla crew, site owned and operated by Till Hill and trail expansion?

ask Drumlanrig, etc etc

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Modern history has shown us that right-field, neo-con, pro-big business, anti-state, pro-cuts governments allways produce more mess for the most people. The most relatively succesful societies(i.e. where people are happier, healthier and wealthier) are those with liberal, left-field, pro-tax, pro welfare consensus governments. I am old enough and have lived in enough countries to have seen the differences 🙂

konabunny
    Free Member

And you're coming out with straw man arguments all over the shop

Bit rich for you to say that when you're making sneery ad hominem attacks.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bravohotel9er

Its you that doesn't "get it"

We have a leaner public sector than competitor nations such as Germany, Holland Italy etc, we spend less on public services, we have a lower tax take. If these countrioe who tax an dspend more than us are not prposing massive cuts then why do we have to

cuts on the scale proposed and intended are simply not needed A sensible efficiency drive together with a rise in income tax and cancellation of vanity projects such as Trident will suffice.

You have bought into a neocon moral panic and have been conned.

El-bent
    Free Member

I am old enough and have lived in enough countries to have seen the differences

Yes, i'd agree, but unfortunately the quarter wits here would rather pocket the money and stuff the rest.

backhander
    Free Member

Modern history has shown us that right-field, neo-con, pro-big business, anti-state, pro-cuts governments allways produce more mess for the most people. The most relatively succesful societies(i.e. where people are happier, healthier and wealthier) are those with liberal, left-field, pro-tax, pro welfare consensus governments. I am old enough and have lived in enough countries to have seen the differences

I take it you didn't live in the USSR? Cuba? North Korea?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I suspect its more countries like Norway, Germany and Holland that are referred to. You know countries with a higher standard of living than ours and more happy people despite or because of the higher taxes and public spending.

anagallis_arvensis

i havent, but i did go to sweden recently, it was very nice indeed.

backhander
    Free Member

Funny, I thought that germany were capitalists

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Backhander – can you read?

BluePalomino

…those with liberal, left-field, pro-tax, pro welfare consensus governments

About as good a description of post war Germany as possible.

druidh
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    I suspect its more countries like Norway, Germany and Holland that are referred to. You know countries with a higher standard of living than ours and more happy people despite or because of the higher taxes and public spending.

Norway: 39th
    Germany: 50th
    Netherlands: 54th
    UK: 66th

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Very good Druidh!

konabunny
    Free Member

Pretty stupid argument. None of those three regimes can be described as "liberal, left-field, pro-tax, pro welfare consensus governments", what with them being dictatorships/authoritarian one-party states.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Privatising the Forestry Commission’ is closed to new replies.