Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Primal Wear – Thieving &*(^&*^*(?
  • Surfr
    Free Member

Just seen this blog post, strangely on an industry specific blog, but it’s relevant here so thought I’d share.

Raphas website would appear to have been knocked off hook line and not quite sinker.

http://www.walkingpaper.org/2966

Cheeky!

the-muffin-man

Or they could both be using a similar wordpress template.

Neither are hardly groundbreaking in their formats.

traildog
    Free Member

Agree with the-muffin-man.

argyle
    Free Member

it’s a pretty generic layout, the bike industry is so far behind with graphics work, trends and layouts that everything sort of looks the same anyway

bob_summers

they started it 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Again, agree with muffin man.

Accusation FAIL.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So, 2 websites have B&W pics on the homepage and one is copying another?

Get real!

bassspine
    Free Member

or they’re both using the same template from a generic web design package?

scaredypants

Aye, similar -and yet…

the engaging rapha narrative really drew me in and had me literally doing amphetamines in a 1950s Italian hotel room, whereas with the Primal one I just felt like I was looking at a sales page for shirts

Surfr
    Free Member

Right it’s highly unlikely that they are running wordpress. Firstly the Primal Wear site appears to run on ASP.net and the Rapha site is PHP. Secondly Raphas current jobs page lists a developer competent with OO PHP and MVC, something which seems rather a foreign concept to the WordPress lot!

Rapha apparently use a design agency in Brighton so unlikely that they’ve just bought a template off a crappy website. To me it looks like Rapha put the leg work in and Primal have properly ripped it off. Not just a black and white photo. Look at the location of the headers, footers, styles, It’s all there.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Look at the location of the headers, footers, styles, It’s all there.

Fek me. I must have seen dozens of websites that look similar to that. It’s not a complicated layout FFS!

stumpy01

How can we tell who’s website was up & running first??

argyle
    Free Member

they are both very yawnsome designs

hels
    Free Member

I don’t know about the websites – but that’s an intriguing post on library circ figures, nice work from a student – I shall alert the matrons…

Sam

Bob’s point is the best.

stever
    Free Member

I can imagine there are brand managers all over the place now saying ‘can you do me a Rapha?’, just as there were lots of people recently saying ‘can you do me an Innocent?’. I know who does the Rapha stuff and he’s not a thief. But as above, Rapha themselves do know a little bit about image appropriation.

The Inner Ring

monksie
    Free Member

Can I just ask, out of genuine concern: PeterPoddy. Is this your bad week or are you just having a bad week?
    Calm down. You’ll do yourself an injury if shit as meaningless as this gets you all over excited.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 1:9

scaredypants

Lo, for Rapha was born unto the lifestyle
    and the houndstooth check plus fours were good
    But some didst click on the sites of false prophets
    and were undercharged for less stylish raiment
    Then some strayed onto stony ground and the rrRRad was begotten

Classifides 9.99 (ovno)

tails
    Free Member

hahaha!! 😆 that is a good’un scaredy!

st

Primal Wear’s image has a road that bears left, Rapha’s bears right, could hardly be any more opposite surely?

MSP

Primal wear make cycling gear, rapha make style statements for media employed fakingers.
    It would also seem that rapha supply drugs and hookers to the cycling press according to the incredible reviews given to their rather basic kit (amphetamines and ladyboys in seedy Italian hotels seems likely).

MSP

ps: that Brian Robinson was a hell of a footy player in his day 😉

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

So what we have really learned is that pretentious bloggers favour rapha. 🙂

seven
    Free Member

I couldn’t really care but do agree Rapha nice kit but bit over priced for my taste

and this Rapha Coffee cup (well actually it’s an espresso cup) – current bid £23, some people need to give to charity more

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Primal Wear – Thieving &*(^&*^*(?’ is closed to new replies.