Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Pressurised hot water tank – experiences please
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

We don’t experience these limitations in our current house with one shower despite a very low spec combi becuase the flow into the house is the limiting factor, its so crappy the combi can heat all the water coming into the house to any temperature we want.

We had poor flow when we moved into our current house. I have the old [corroded galvanised] pipe between the meter and the house replaced and the flow rate doubled.
    How old is your house as you may have decent pressure/flow at the meter but is restricted by an old rising main.
    If you have poor pressure/flow at the meter then a pressurised tank is probably a waste of money. You could speak to your water company – I think they should know what flow you should be able to achieve.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

i know people say pumps are noisy etc etc but i fitted pump in old flat was quite a good one all brass etc and sat it on a patio slab and was basically silent apart from a little swooshing water noise. i have been back there since moving as am now friends with owner and she did have to replace but was after 8 years or so. would defo get again was a monsoon pump about 300 quid or so. you have to make sure draw from hot tank is done with a particular fitting to stop airation from memory but otherwise easy to fit

jfletch
    Free Member

How old is your house as you may have decent pressure/flow at the meter but is restricted by an old rising main.
    If you have poor pressure/flow at the meter then a pressurised tank is probably a waste of money. You could speak to your water company – I think they should know what flow you should be able to achieve

I don’t really care about the old house since we are moving.

But by way of explainination the shitty flow is shitty at the meter as well, but it just sneaks in above the min level the water board have to deliver at the outside tap and it can’t be measured upstairs due to the type of taps.

But all this is someone else’s issue now. We’ve got a whole other heap of issues to deal with!

Like an old boiler/regular hot water tank that is too small for the planned on suite and in a location that is going to become a corridor. So we have to dig up the road, and our plumber wants to put a combi in its place!

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Pressurised hot water tank – experiences please’ is closed to new replies.