Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pressure washers?
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

My previously excellent Halfords HP2800 (125 bar) pressure washer has broken and I’m not sure I want to spend £40+ getting it “fixed” when I can see the place it broke it not well made – a shame as most of it is made from very solid brass/metal and it worked very well.

Any recommended brands?

Needs to be at least 125 bar and electric. Thinking £200ish and don’t want a cheapo job – my damn BM wheels needs serious power to blast all the dirt off – otherwise it’s a very long job by hand.

Anyone know about Sealey, Makita or any others? Not keen on Karcher as heard some horror stories.

Hohum
    Free Member

Nilfisk.

I use a car detailing forum and a lot of other users on there recommend them as well.

Your budget should see you be able to buy a pretty decent one as well.

NZCol

Friend of a friend bought a new Karcher last week. Swapped the nozzles over and didn’t realise you twist it to lock. Fired it straight through the back window of his almost new company car. His wife found him just standing there like a zombie 😀

I’ve got a Karcher thats pretty impressive – deals to the RS4 wheels which otherwise would be a toothbrish job. Has a deck attachment that strips our wooden deck quite well.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

NZ – getting mixed reports on modern Karchers. I think they used to be great but have slipped since going mega mass market.

Ho – that’s what I’m hearing too.

This one looks pretty good and 2 year warranty too.

Nilfisk E140

NZCol

Yep I had heard the same thing, mine is 7yrs old and has never missed a beat.

catnash
    Free Member

I had a superb 5.7 series Karcher from Karcher outlet. Has to be 5 series or above for the aluminium gubbins.

http://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/products/subcat.asp?mID=Pressure-Washers&sID=K5-Pressure-Washers

iainc

a wee brush with ‘wonderwheels’ keeps mine nice ‘n shiny 😆

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I have a NIlfisk and im really pleased with it. Got it from amazon for about £100 with a whole load of attachments. Seems better than my old karcher.

Ho hum – detailing world? I use mine for the snow foam 🙂

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Karcher 6.75 here, paid 200 quid on ebay from a dealer. Came with the vario nozzle, dirt blaster, foaming brush and t racer patio cleaner. It’s a beast.

adam_h
    Free Member

Karcher 6.91 here, had it for a year or so. Been excellent so far. Great fun with snow foam 🙂 I must confess to being abit of a Detailing World lurker.

Hohum
    Free Member

Surf-Mat,

I have the E140 and it is plenty powerful for all of my needs.

I bought it 2 years ago now and it does get used quite regularly.

santacruzsi – Member
    I have a NIlfisk and im really pleased with it. Got it from amazon for about £100 with a whole load of attachments. Seems better than my old karcher.

Ho hum – detailing world? I use mine for the snow foam

Yes, detailing world.

I like that forum and I really love snow foaming. It’s great for the car and also great for cleaning up my bicycle as well.

Good point about the snow foam actually because I bought mine a year ago and use it every time I wash the car.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Yes I use the snow foam lance to do my car too, its very good. The Nilfisk is good for the patio too and just enough pressure. Not tried the bike yet with the snow foam!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pressure washers?’ is closed to new replies.