Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Press-ups with your feet on a bed
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone do these? They were dead hard at first, I’ve only done it about three times now it’s easy.

scaredypants

handstand pressups or GTFO

fd3chris
    Free Member

Instead of press ups bench press it’s much more effective 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Anyone do these? They were dead hard at first, I’ve only done it about three times now it’s easy.

I’m sure a press up expert will be along shortly.
    Can you do 100 normal yet?

molgrips
    Free Member

Next time I am travelling I will be sure to pack my multi gym wherever I go!

CaptJon
    Free Member

fd3chris – Member
    Instead of press ups bench press it’s much more effective

easier to master the technique of decline push ups than bench presses, though, and you don’t need any equipment (other than something to put your feet on).

mol – they are good for working your upper chest:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/PectoralClavicular/BWDeclinePushup.html

porlus
    Free Member

Try doing sit ups with your feet resting on the bed. Not easy, but works.

molgrips
    Free Member

I dunno, I’ve not tried doing 100 normal ones for ages. I could do it age 15 though.

I started doing them with my tippy toes on the edge of the bed cos it really seems to exercise my core, abs and the front of my thighs much more than normal pressups.

Keva
    Free Member

don’t forget those Hindu press ups Mol, and dive bomber press ups and marine press ups sure there’s loads more too 🙂

Kev

molgrips
    Free Member

I can’t do the Hindu ones – I might work on that.

I’d like to try and devise some kind of pull-up that simulates climbing a big overhang. Something that does my shoulders and fore-arms. I’m thinking of setting up a piece of (removable) timber across the garage about say 4ft off the floor, then fixing a couple of climbing holds to it. Then with my feet on a chair or box I could do chin ups.. Even better for the feet would be another lower beam with some holds fixed to it for my toes to grip on.

Keva
    Free Member

chin ups I can do at home by using the landing to grip and hang from as the stairs run directly beneath it, only for over hand grip though. Under hand grip which is much better for biceps and forearm needs a bar of some sort. Leg raises for abs can also be done by hanging from the landing.

Kev

CaptJon
    Free Member

There is an obstacle course with monkey bars on my after work ride which is great. Do you have a kids playground nearby?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Press-ups with your feet on a bed’ is closed to new replies.