• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Duc.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Pre set torque wrench.
  • Ambrose

I’m being pestered by the kids for a suitable gift for myself at Christmas. Generally I prefer surprises but they are demanding a suggestion.

I like a bit of fettling and do all my own maintenance. So- Tool Geeks unite! Do you have any suggested pre-set torque wrenches?

bails

I think I’ve got the Superstar (boo hiss :wink:) 5nm one. No idea how accurate it is but none of my stuff has broken from using it.

LeeW

Price range?

alanl
    Free Member

Why pre-set?
    Surely an adjustable one would be better?

oldnpastit

I got the Topeak one, and it gets quite a lot of use, at least in part because I’m forever losing my 5mm hex keys.

Surely an adjustable one would be better?

You would think so, but my adjustable one starts at around 10Nm, at which level you’re going to start breaking things (it turns out). The Topeak one is set at 5Nm.

eskay

Norbar

Ambrose

I’m hoping for small, sleek and portable. No ideas about price- I’d like to be able to rely upon the thing though, but is it always a case of you get what you pay for?

oink1
    Free Member

eskay – Member
    Norbar

Plus one – Accurate too! 🙂

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

Topeak do a range of single & multiple ones, very small and neat. We’ve sold quite a few of them

eshershore
    Free Member

akira

Fwe one from Evans, 3 presets and a little case to carry it all in.

Duc
    Free Member

I’ve got a Bontrage one which is 5nm and 4mm hex
    That Ritchey one looks a good bet above however keep in mind you should never use a torques wrench of any descritpion to undo anything if you want it to to remain a torque wrench for very long

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Pre set torque wrench.’ is closed to new replies.