Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PPI help please. (Done many times before I'm sure.)
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Been protecting my mortgage against me losing my job for 12 yrs, I was undoubtedly railroaded into it when I took the mortgage on and was also talked into (you’ve got to sir) having their house insurance at the time. Yes It was our first mortgage etc etc and happily admit I was a bit green at the time. Does the income cover come under the whole ppi claim thing and if so where do I start??

Klunk
    Free Member

watch some daytime tele, a nice man is bound to pop up with a phone number sooner or later.

wrightyson
    Free Member

And in that case I’d rather not bother!!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Are you saying you want to claim under being missold, or your job is under threat and you need to activate that protection?

nealglover
    Free Member

I was undoubtedly railroaded into it when I took the mortgage

Seems like everyone was*

* (when they see they can claim it back if they were)

Klunk
    Free Member

I think the question is when you were sold the policy were you told there were cheaper alternatives available ? if not you’ve possibly got a claim.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Wasn’t offered any other options, both the income protection and the insurances were paymentshield policies and the independent broker at the time was “keen” on me taking out both, as I said it was our first mortgage, and I was most certainly led to believe it would help the application especially regarding the home insurance.

nealglover
    Free Member

and the independent broker at the time was “keen” on me taking out both

He’s allowed to be “keen” as he is selling you a product.

He’s not allowed to mislead you, or sell you something that is not suitable.

and I was most certainly led to believe it would help the application especially regarding the home insurance.

The home insurance probably would have helped with the speed of acceptance/processing etc, as they do not need to contact a third party to verify the policy is in place and suitable.

Klunk
    Free Member
    johnners
    Free Member

Check out Moneysavingexpert, bound to be loads on there about this.

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

CONTACT YOU’RE LENDER DIRECTLY.

By law they have to take your case seriously, get all your facts ready before you phone. It will not cost you anything and if you’re successful you get the full amount, dont use a no win on fee as you don’t have to pay for your lender to look into it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

By all means send in a letter but from what you post I don’t see how you were mis-sold anything

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PPI help please. (Done many times before I'm sure.)’ is closed to new replies.