Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PPDS – starting advice please
  • snowslave

Hi, someone we’re doing the PPDS with on Sunday has their starting point as Les Gets – the rest of us are starting from Morzine. We’re planning on picking up his rider pack as we pass through Les Gets on the Saturday, but it would appear we can only get his number plate on Sunday prior to start.

Might be a stoopid question, in which case sorry, but is there an option for him to collect his rider pack as proposed, then get the number plate and start with us at Morzine on Sunday morning? Or is he going to have to go to Les Gets for the start to get the number plate and we’ll have to make arrangements to meet him?

Any cunning suggestions as to how we fix this predicament gladly received….

Ambrose

Hmm- a lot is lost in translation there. If you know the number beforehand can you somehow make a copy of it, prior to starting your ride?

Or do a bit of extra riding/ driving, It’s not far from Les Gets to Morzine, 15 mins riding (max) by road.

Andy

a. Might be lucky and blag his pack on Sat afternoon from les gets – I’ve heard it done.

b. Blag a ride for free from Morzine first thing before the ticket office opens (8am), while you lot are queing and queue in lets gets while you catch up and meet you guys at Let Gets

c. As b. but buy a single liftpass on Sat for sunday morn’

d. Cycle over to Les gets and meet you (can this be done)

e. None of the above

I’d go for b.

Andy

NB I say this as I thought number plate and pack are given at the same time?

snowslave

Thanks folks. Andy, if we collect the pack a day early, we don’t get the number plate until Sunday.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PPDS – starting advice please’ is closed to new replies.