Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • power inverters
  • thegman67

Help needed can i run my 5ft fluorescent strip light throught my 1200 watt inverter to a 12v battery or will i burn out the inverter

coffeeking
    Free Member

What is it that’s making you think you shouldn’t? The fact that it’s not a purely resistive load?

A good quality inverter should be OK driving a moderately inductive load (a couple of fluoro strip lights), just not a monster set or things like a big electric drill. If it’s a cheap unprotected one the mosfets may take a dive pretty quick. FWIW I’ve run a small 8w strip off my 150W inverter no problem.

thegman67

I had a 300 watt inverter and it lasted for two years working my till used it on mynew light snd it lasted two days and its only being used for two hrs in the morning

coffeeking
    Free Member

It’s possible the 300W inverter was less capable of dealing with the aftermath from a fairly large strip light. It’s possible your strip light has a fault. It’s possible your inverter just ran out of life as products do eventually. Hard to know. If you value your inverter and it’s not a pure sine wave version, don’t use the strip light, use incandescents.

thegman67

Thanks for the advice coffeeking

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘power inverters’ is closed to new replies.