Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 576 total)
  • iDieting
  • jamest
    Free Member

Agree re more watery solution on the flatbreads, think I messed up the quantities of flour on my current batch as they have come out like lorry tyres

oddjob
    Free Member

😳

Having been eating the iDave way since March, I have suddenly started to have a bit of a problem with constipation. Anyone else?

Any solutions ?

I am eating flax seeds and keeping the vegetable quantities up but it doesn’t seem to be sorting it out. Maybe my bean intake has dropped too much…

And yes, I am drinking lost of water

Solo
    Free Member

Superfrickingexcited = All dieting is off!

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

Oddjob, same here. I did mention it on the original thread. I think you/I need to up the water in take. I just usually drink a litre of smoothy on my day off and have a kebab 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

after all these pages of idieting, there needs to be a “I’m funny about food” self help thread started

Solo
    Free Member

after all these pages of idieting, there needs to be a “I’m funny about food” self help thread started

Nah. People just want to forget what they use to eat.
    Learn to like other things, cos they think its in there interest to do so, or not, as the case may be.
    Then just get on with it.

The web is awash with suitable recipes, etc, etc and the rules is simple.

Low GI, and perhaps, make a point of eating lots of plants a animals.

There are loads of GI tables around so one can research if something is Low GI or not.

IIRC, TSY only started this thread cos he was bored and it was approaching lunchtime that particular day.
    😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Pretty much Solo. I do like talking about food and other random stuff.

Anyway.. I’ve upped my water intake, and now it’s gone ballistic. I used to survive on a couple of coffees… now… I reckon I’ve drunk about 5 pints already!

Solo
    Free Member

now… I reckon I’ve drunk about 5 pints already!

Do what feels good and right dude.
    😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Off to be laughed at by more “Jamies” at circuits 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

You go get ’em tiger!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Even when I try to reverse the Bristol expansion, I get laughed at.

*reports bullying*

Solo
    Free Member

Off to be laughed at by more “Jamies” at circuits

DD.

Come on, less of that.
    Your fellow circuiteers are probably toting bellies too.
    And at least by attending, you are allowing hope to prevail over experience.
    And while theres hope….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I really like circuits and did a class at lunch.

Do you get partnered up with people at yours Darcy?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It just gets too much sometimes Solo. I’m only trying.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t really want to talk about it anymore TSY.

oddjob
    Free Member

I thinkmi drink 3 or 4 litres per day and spend so much time peeing that it is hard to get any work done or manage the drive to or from wor without a pee break!

Solo
    Free Member

so much time peeing that it is hard to get any work done or manage the drive to or from wor without a pee break

Nature’s message is in there, somewhere…….
    😉

CaptJon
    Free Member

As it is a day off and i’ve done 60 km after work i reckon it is time for fish and chips plus a protein-nequik milkshake nom, and indeed nom.

In other news (Darcy, you might want to stop reading here…), in the right light, and from the right angle, in the morning, before breakfast, if i squint and tilt my head i can make out some ab shaped things on my stomach. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That’s awesome work CJ. Great stuff. Keep it up. 🙂

BigJohn

I heard an article on Radio5 last night.

Apparently, when blood glucose levels drop the brain loses its ability to exercise self-control and there is an increased tendency to stuff ones face with sugary and fatty foods. These then cause an insulin spike, which results in low glucose levels. Again. And again. This phenomenon, oddly enough, is observed most commonly in obese people.

Damn. If only we could find a way of eating which controlled all these pesky ups and downs and took away the cravings for calorie-rich binges.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I think I know of one BigJohn. I’ll write about it and give it a snappy title.

I ate a couple of tiny biscuits late yesterday afternoon… they made me absolutely starving hungry!

Jamie
    Free Member

Apparently, when blood glucose levels drop the brain loses its ability to exercise self-control and there is an increased tendency to stuff ones face with sugary and fatty foods.

I call these moments, days.

Solo
    Free Member

Damn. If only we could find a way of eating which controlled all these pesky ups and downs and took away the cravings for calorie-rich binges

We have found a way. Its called LOW GI

There just hasn’t been as much sugar in our food, ever in the past, as there is today.

Historically, even fruit wasn’t as sweet as it is these days.
    But in the era of moderm agriculture, the development of fruit to grow ever sweeter produce has been done in the name of satisfying the inbuilt human desire for sugar / sweet things.

In the reading I have found, it is suspected that humans have developed a tendancy towards things that are sweet, as this can be used as an indicator as to whether a plant is safe to eat.
    IIRC, if a plant is sweet tasting, its usually safe to eat.

So, today, we have this inbuilt green light for sweet things.

Conjecture about the historical development of our digestive system aside.

Big Companies know that in order to sell shite, they need only make it sweet, yadda, yadda.

Well, thats my take on it.

BoardinBob

Apparently, when blood glucose levels drop the brain loses its ability to exercise self-control and there is an increased tendency to stuff ones face with sugary and fatty foods. These then cause an insulin spike, which results in low glucose levels.

But if you avoid the sugary stuff altogether you wont have these highs and lows.

oddjob
    Free Member

I like biscuits a lot, but I don’t eat them anymore.

That makes me sad because I miss eating them, but thankfully I am not all that fat anymore and that appears to be enough motivation to carry on not eating them.

It took me a long time to work that out and (as I am not very clever).

Solo
    Free Member

Oddjob.

I know what you mean, but I just don’t miss most of that sort of stuff anymore.

Can’t remember the last time I had a biscuit.

I haven’t had chocolate for months and don’t miss that either.

Theres loads of stuff I use to eat.
    But since I’ve cut them out.
    These particular foods aren’t missed at all.

😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I eat Green & Blacks chocolate every night. It’s good.

ourmaninthenorth

Quite possibly the worst publicly funded station there is. dreadful.

However, the sugar highs and lows thing is exactly what Low GI (and the idiet variation) is based on.

I do feel better for having kicked my sugar junkie status and moved to a Low GI/idiet regime. Last weekend was a blip, so I now have to work hard to get back on track.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I likes biscuits too and ate loads last night 🙂 I’m figuring that cycling 2,000m in a month = eating as many biscuits as I like 8)

TSY, something wrong with your phone?! 😡

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sorry DirtyG… I’m busy working! When are you off touring?

Have a guess how my tapering is going this week?

Solo
    Free Member

I eat Green and Blacks chocolate every night. It’s good.

Yes, then you go full out to burn it off the next day.

Just seems crazy to me.
    🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

LOL – No I eat it because I’ve gone full out that day!

Solo
    Free Member

LOL – No I eat it because I’ve gone full out that day!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Work? What is this you speak of? 😉

We go on 2nd October *can’t wait* I’m having issues with my new bike, it don’t fit atm and i’ve been dreaming about bike/the huge to do list 🙁 Still waiting on the tent arriving and need to buy maps too….

As for the tapering, a hunch would suggest that you aren’t? When do you go?

Solo, TSY could easily eat a huge bar of G&B everyday and still look buff. And he looked very lean during LeJog, despite eating numerous meat sarnies and a huge amount of cakes during the 2 days I was with him!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Dirty – thanks, I was a bit tubby during LEJOG, too many cakes me thinks. Into the 11 stone category as of this morning 🙂

What’s up with the new bike?

I’m off on Saturday… have just agreed to do a quick 20 miler on Friday morning with the ironman trainee at work. I just can’t do this rest lark.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’ve got a blog post to publish tonight with my thoughts, but it feels like its all wheels. Its a little too big too, despite Mustard geeking out over stats/measurements. ATM if i sit on (my very expensive) saddle properly, i can’t reach the shifters. If i reach the shifters, I’m perched on the nose of the saddle. Borrowing an inline seat post and shorter stem tonight, and hoping that fixes it. Plus the curve of the drops seemed to give me pain in my hand too. Not yet managed a proper ride on it as a result!

Heh, i knew it 🙂 I guess as long as you recover ok you’ll be fine. All sorted for your nutrition for it?

oddjob
    Free Member

New bike for a long trip sounds like a recipe for injury and problems if it doesn’t fit.
    Is there someone locally who can do a proper bike fit (Retül oe aquivalent) I found it to be money well spent even though it seemed like a crazy amount to spend at the time.

kinda666
    Free Member

Was gonna make a chilli for tea, do I just not put tomato’s in? Could I just use hot pepper sauce instead??

molgrips
    Free Member

Tomatoes are ok. Same as peppers at any rate.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 576 total)

The topic ‘iDieting’ is closed to new replies.