Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Power assist pedals
  • bikemonkey
    Free Member

Browsing the internet led me to a Dragon's Den style competition Barclays are running for Entrepreneurs.

One of the winners is this guy with his power assist pedals.

What do we think?

click here

RealMan
    Free Member

Already been a thread on this a while ago, I think the general consensus was they sound like a load of rubbish, but might work.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not going to get much energy out of batteries that size, and you'll still have to provide resistance using muscles in your legs.

Am I dreaming or did someone once do a directional pedal as a spoof product, so you could assist power by rotating your feet?

Tyredocter
    Free Member

Already done it's called a Pedalec Electric Bike Pedalling turns the motor in the hub then assists with elecric power

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I can understand the hub application but how do the pedals turn the crank or they just collecting charge? 😯

Tyredocter
    Free Member

There's a sensor next to the chainset which detects movement, this in turn activates the motor in usually the rear hub so you have assited pedalling hence Pedalec-pedalelectric basically

Travis

according the video, they can be attached to any bike in under 15mins, and on the video, there wasn't a special hub.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Power assist pedals’ is closed to new replies.