Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Powder coaters near Bristol…
  • stugus
    Free Member

My frame needs a respray, anyone got any recomendations for a powder coater in the bristol area? Preferebly with experience of bike frames.

I'm aware of Argos but was hoping to get the job done a bit cheaper in all honesty.

Cheers all!

tang
    Free Member

mate of mine had one done in bedminster somewhere £30. good job. sorry cant be more specific.

Rickos
    Free Member

There's one in Nailsea that people have used from here. Don't know the name, but you should be able to Google it – Nailsea ain't that big.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    backhander
    Free Member
    Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Its ABC powder coaters. I had my 5spot done there about 4 years ago. I don't know what they're like these days. They're not a specific bike painting outfit like Argos. But the end result is probably the toughest PC I've ever seen. Thick too.

clubber
    Free Member

These are the guys to use:

HOME

£30 for a frame in a single colour though you have to do the masking yourself – kitchen or toilet roll tube cut lengthways, a couple of inches longer than the tube at each end (to stop paint getting in the threads/tube) then stuffed full with cardboard in head tube, seat tube and BB (and pivots if full sus though that'll cost more).

Job done and IME the paint is a damn sight tougher than Argos'.

Reluctant
    Free Member

My ABC powdercoat paint work is still looking glossy and tuff after 5 years or so. They did a good job back then for a handful of peanuts. 😆

stugus
    Free Member

cheers peeps! just gotta choose a colour now!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Powder coaters near Bristol…’ is closed to new replies.