Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posting a frame
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

Can someone who has posted a frame within the UK give me any advice on the best/most effective way to post a frame?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Wrap it up, put it in a box (Go to LBS for small bike box, or cut a bigger one down), write the address on it, then take to post office. DONE.

foxyrider
    Free Member

wrap in bubble wrap, protect fragile areas or take the mech hanger off and tape to frame then wrap up. If you got a rear dropout/rear stay rptector like the ones you get on aftermarket forks then tape that in to prevent it getting squashed and tape together all the loose bits i.e. headset.

Wrap the whole thing in 2 bin bags and tape with gaffer tape. I usualy post via parcel force and should be about £15 I think of the top of my head – most frames will come inside the dimensions – I think 1.5 metre circum and no bigger then 1 metre any dimension – have a look on their website. They can collect it or you can drop it off at the post office.

Done it 3 times now with no probs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pedalhead
    Free Member

Interparcel can be really good value. I recently posted a bloomin great heavy subwoofer via them & it cost about £13 if I recall correctly.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Senditnow.com use parcelforce, and for up to a full bikebox size, next day is only about 12.99 i think.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oh I forgot – if you do it by paypal you get a big discount via parcel force and they pick it up as well I think – cheap if you drop it off – wait i'll find it! i.e. if you do it via payment rather than gift….

Hmm can't get into paypal at the mo – think it maybe arount £10-12 thought paypal with pickup I think!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Posting a frame’ is closed to new replies.