Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Postal strike …
  • roddersrambler
    Free Member

opinions ?? Suprised this has not been posted already (unless i can't find it)

I'm ashamed to be apart of the union today ! 😥

postierich
    Free Member

You must have had your blinkers on!
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/posties-shooting-themselves-in-the-foot

Of course you have you voted NO 😉

Can I ask you why you are in the union if you have such a low opinion of them………………

Oh hang on I probably know.

Rich

roddersrambler
    Free Member

Well put it this way…the office i work at has about 100 employees.Ever since the last union rep got himself sacked over a year ago we have not seen one rep from the union whatsoever,despite the area rep based only 18 miles away ! Yet they expect people to vote for a strike despite not knowing our local working conditions !

Like most offices these days ours relies heavily on overtime (about 15-20% at a guess) so why did they not suggest a work to rule policy ? Disruption without employees losing money.

postierich
    Free Member

You have 100 other workers surely there must be someone with a bit of backbone,I took on the job after the last rep feathered his bed as they would say.Bad effort by your Area Rep I have mine down on a monthly basis just to inform them of issues that are going on in the area and for any serious conduct issues.
    I know what you mean about some union officals i,ve had quite a few confrontations @ the Reps meetings.
    Very hard to manage a work to rule situation I,ve tried but in this me me society its very hard and you leave yourself open for conduct natters and harressment and bullying by Doms and Line Managers.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

An outsiders view. I am a member of the public. I (like millions of others) pay for delivery of my letters and parcels to various people and customers. I expect the prompt delivery I pay for.
    The strikes have caused me hassle, grief, abusive phone calls and an increase in 'missing articles'.
    I took an initial interest in the dispute but now, to be quite frank, I don't care. I haven't spoken to a single person who doesn't think the same.
    I will willingly pay a little extra for the service I used to get.
    I'm sure it will come from a private company, unparalysed by unions and strikes. I don't think it will be too far away either because Royal Mail is slowly bleeding to death.

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

I feel like I've just stepped into the 1970's . . . . .

RichPenny
    Free Member

I haven't spoken to a single person who doesn't think the same.

I don't agree with you, haven't spoken to you though. I am also a member of the public who has been inconvenienced by the strike. I just believe that my incovenience is less important than people trying to protect their working conditions. I agree that RM will be privatised, but I have no confidence whatsoever that it will be an improvement. I think for private mail we will be paying a lot more for an inferior service.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

A Postal Strike will not do the general Public, businesses or Postal workers any favors, in fact they are probably playing into the hands of the government to speed up their modernization programme and open our Royal mail up to the private sector.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Postal strike …’ is closed to new replies.