Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Post problems
  • woody2000

We’ve been in our house for about 18 months, and during that time there’s been post of some kind delivered almost every day. We’ve just had no post for 11 days – my good lady called in to the sorting office yesterday to be told that a new postie had started “about a week ago”, but he’d been shown the round etc etc, and there was nothing undelivered/brought back to the sorting office.

A little suspiciously (in my mind), we’ve got some post today. I reckon there’s a pile of our mail somewhere, but I don’t really know what we can do about it – any suggestions STW massive?

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve often wondered how postierich can afford all this biking blingness too.

AndyRT
    Free Member

once lived in a complex of maisonettes. My neighbour had a small garden with flimsy wooden trellis as a wall. The postie kept on leaving the post outside the gate, in the main passage way. One day, he was caught in the act, and asked why he wasn’t posting the letters through the door. The answer given was that the notice on the gate said beware of the dog. Somewhat flummoxed, my neighbour explained that the printed notice (in a clearly legible large font) said:

Please post letters in the letter box, Thank you.

He also added that they had never owned a dog!

Ho hum….

woody2000

I should add that there’s nothing remotely complicated about our house (one of a pair of semis so 4 houses). Neighbours have had mail, just not us. Find it hard to believe that we simply didn’t have any mail, not even junk!

uplink
    Free Member

Test it by posting yourself a letter or two?

thebunk

We had a new postman who posted all of our post for a few weeks into the electricity meter cupboard that serviced all of the flats.

Check your shed/garage/outhouse/dungeon…

Flaperon

My post only comes three days a week in south Manchester and parcels are invariably a while-you-were-out card through the door.

As others have said, if you’ve got the time to do it, post yourself an envelope every day for a week and see when they turn up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Post problems’ is closed to new replies.