Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Portes Du Soleil – GPS route
  • michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Hi all,

Bit early, but off to Morzine for the anual trip in July, does anyone have a GPS route of any of the official PDS VTT route? Ideally the classic 75km one. I cant seemt o find a lot on google apart from a 62odd mile one, which would be ok, but would be nice to have another to compare to.

Thanks 🙂

DrRSwank
    Free Member

http://media.skiinfo.com/images/dppic/f368843.pdf

You don’t really need a GPS route. Use the map and follow the signs (it’s well sign posted).

michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Lovely – Thanks for that map, pretty straight forward. Im fairly familiar with the area as ive been twice, so have a general bearing, until i get out towards Swiss soil!

jambalaya
    Free Member

FWIW I think it’s worth riding a few trails in some of the resorts (eg Chatel, Morgin, Champery) rather than just trying to hit the whole 80k circuit. Note I like the PPdS and am doing it for third time this year but the circuit on it’s own is different than the “grand day out” with 1000’s of other riders. If you are in Morzine you can ride Les Gets for an afternoon have a beer and then roll down the road back to Morzine. My top tip for a great lunch is Mont Caly above Les Gets, once small restaurant with truely outstanding view, great food away from the bustle of the resorts. Can return to Les Gets via Dans Le Gaz easy black or red/blue routes.

michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Cheers Jambalaya – Ridden many of the resort type stuff, but as a ‘trail’ rider – 150mm type bike, i was hoping to try out some real alpine singletrack as well. Got a whole week after all 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

roll down the road back to Morzine.

I’d sooner ride the trail from the top of the Chavannes lift in Les Gets back down to Morzine

jambalaya
    Free Member

@flyingmonkey – agreed but I was assuming a few beverages in the village post riding so lifts shut

@michaelonabike – there was a thread on here which some footage of an amazing looking trail off the top of Champery

STW thread

This is the post to read here

Ambrose

I have quite a few PdS digital routes. Email me if you’re interested.

michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Emailed you Ambrose – Thanks 🙂

Ambrose

I’m in work at the moment, so will send the routes when I get home.

Ambrose

Ivan- glad to be of help.

markwalker
    Free Member

you have got to have a few stellars in bar bush ,les get its tradition ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Portes Du Soleil – GPS route’ is closed to new replies.