Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Poor old Jedi…
  • AdamW
    Free Member

I’m turning up tomorrow for a one-on-one.

Sorry folks. Truly. If you want to blame someone for what’s left of him blame that Mark ‘Bullheart’ Fradgely chap who inspired me to do it.

He’s not even met me yet and he’s been involved in discussions about male bikini lines. 😯

But seriously: stoked and looking forward to it! 😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

be gentle with him, he’s lost lots of weight recently and might not have the strength for beer and chatting afterwards 😛

Junkyard
    Free Member

good to see he is making an effort to look Buff for you

AndyRT
    Free Member

Group of 4 of us have got him on Thursday…working at my desk doing IT is getting very hard now, and I’ve got one and a half days to go!

jedi

hey, i’ll see you all 🙂 will be fun

jedi

adamw, just over an hour to go before coaching apocalypse! 😀

yossarian
    Free Member

Pics if you break him please! 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

I really want a coaching session. Got a few barriers and bad habits I need to break.

jedi

i just got back and he didn’t break 😀

project
    Free Member

Did he scream, 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Poor old Jedi..

Would hundred and eighty notes go someway to helping? 😆

philconsequence
    Free Member

i dont understand your post hora… why ‘poor old jedi’?

i’m confused

*is confused*

hora
    Free Member

I read the title and looked up 1-to-1 tuition 😀

iDave
    Free Member

I’ve booked a session. A long waiting list but looking forward to it.

jedi

it’ll be here before you know it idave 🙂

AdamW
    Free Member

Well I’ve managed to catch up with arguments at work with Hungarians so have a few lunchtime moments to recall my day.

It was brilliant.

After a skills check which could have been filmed and put on that Harry Hill show (either “You’ve been framed” or “TV Burp” – take your choice), Jedi gave some tuition on cornering and unweighting then said words that made me A Bit Nervous: “next: dropoffs!”.

Blimey. Three dropoffs of different sizes. Baby dropoff, Mummy dropoff and “You’re going to poo yourself” dropoff.

I did them! Me! All of them! And the way he taught me was *so* simple! None of this “thousands of techniques” gubbins.

Then on to sections of a built trail for training. Then linking them up. I won’t say what was on there apart from a rocky bit, a jumpy bit, bermy bits and droppy bits. I did that too, except the big droppy bit which was ultra scary for this wuss. 😀 I think he had a laugh as I kept reminding myself what to do by speaking: “feet!”, “look!”, “unweight”, “push!”.

Then on to a table-top. I ever so nearly cleared it with a jump. Jump! Me! Simple to do! At that time though I could feel my attention wandering – getting tired – and called it a day before I damaged myself.

I spent a very enjoyable four hours in Jedi’s company. An experience I’m going to take on to Afan this weekend and practice. And practice. And keep in touch asking him questions. And go back after a while so he can tell me what I’ve forgotten! My brain is feeling a bit like its been rewired as I’m forgetting old useless stuff as the new stuff pushes it out. Must be done via mind trick!

As I’m sure everyone who has been with him will say, Jedi is an absolutely top bloke. If you want quality training: go – you won’t be disappointed.

Many thanks to the post from Bullheart who set me on the trail…

BTW I did ask him about how he managed to get into people’s heads like that and I can’t remember much except for the words ‘droids’ and ‘not looking’ 😀

jedi

heh heh heh glad you enjoyed it. have a great ride at afan 🙂

maxtorque

These posts are not helping! I’m booked in for June, JUNE i tell you, i’m sooo impatient!

Is it June yet?

Now?

Hows about now?

No? what about now? drat!

Well to pass the time i’ve bought some ridiculously expensive new wheels for my bike. Retail Therapy, you understand, don’t you 😉

DavidB
    Free Member

I wish there was a jedi who did skiing

sharki
    Free Member

I really must get on a train and go for a curry and beer training day…

😉

fadda

I’m going next weekend, and I’m nowhere near fit enough – can’t flippin’ wait, though!

chiefgrooveguru

I should have been there the previous day but I’ve hurt my knee. V sad…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Poor old Jedi…’ is closed to new replies.