Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pompetamine
  • barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Anybody got or ridden one? I’m even more confused today than I was yesterday, with regards to what to buy with the NHS bike scheme. Kind of veering towards the Genesis Croix de fer, then again still like the Genesis day one alfine. Then today, found out that On one / Planet x are available through the scheme, and am now wondering about the pompetamine versa, and am also trying to convince myself that a planet x carbon road bike with full sram groupset would make a suitable commuter! It’s easier to decide which bike you want when you know you cant afford one and are only dreaming, that’s for sure!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I have an L and really like it both on and off road, just feels right and not as tank like as its 2.4kg would imply. I’ve got regular gears on it and I got 47mm Bonty tyres in it (they measure more like 41) – no mudguards though.

I fancied a Genesis (frame only) but it looked a similar weight and was quite a bit more pricey.

I may flog it as I fancy bigger tyres eg a Fargo.

wors

Hmm, i’m in the same boat. Except i can’t decide between the pomp or a kona sutra 😕

Caher

I have the Pompetamine 11 speed alfine gizmo. It arrived just last week and I’ve had my ride today and I really like it. The hub gear takes a bit of getting used to but it works really well. Love the SLX brakes very powerful. Slightly odd when turning into fast corners but that might be because i am used to 26″ wheels.

Beautiful looking thing though.

Gonna try it out on some big hills on Sunday.

munkyboy
    Free Member

[/url]

🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Looks a superb commuting machine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pompetamine’ is closed to new replies.