Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • POC VPD knee pads any good ?
  • shredder
    Free Member

Anybody using the POC VPD knee pads any good ?

How do they compare to Six six one kyles as bulky etc

Thanks

wwaswas

I have a pair. Not used any others but these are comfortable for normal xc riding and stop you getting bad knees if you do fall off.

I managed to fall off not wearing them the other week and painfully clonked my knee on the top tube – you do forget how many small knocks they get really.

shredder
    Free Member

That’s what I’m looking for something that can be used for normal xc as have cracked knees before.

Have tried kyles but found them a bit bulky over longer distances

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve swapped from using the 661 KS to the (older style) POC pads.

I only really use them when riding DH and had previously used the 661’s for years. They were always ‘alright’, I found they always bunched up & annoyed me after a while. Plus if you washed them a lot something seemed to happen to the material & would end up rubbing your knees raw (everyone who I ride with who used them had this issue).

The POC’s are a lower profile, and like for like sizing (medium) seem to fit better. So far they don’t bunch up, despite only having one velcro strap.

I found some on offer at the same price as the 661’s, so thought I would try them, I don’t think I would pay full retail for them, as they are bloody expensive!

shredder
    Free Member

So POCs lower profile – sounds good it’s the older model I’m thinking about
    Size wise like for like so if L in Kyle L in POC should fit

budgierider67

I’ve got the POC’s.
    They are comfy & keep your knees warm but for general trail & XC riding I have started to wear G Forms as they are hardly noticeable.
    I haven’t fallen off & used them yet so I dunno how effective they are compared to the POC’s though so will be keeping those.

headpotdog
    Free Member

Just had a quick look at the POC pads on CRC & blimey!!! HOW MUCH???

They’d better be pretty amazing pads for that kind of money (£109.99)! Can they really be that much better than Fox Launch Pros or even Scott Grenades?

My Fox pads are very comfy on XC rides & don’t slip at all. The cut out on the back of the Fox Launch Pros mean that they don’t rub the back of your knee. Can’t see a big cut out on the POC ones… 😉

vala
    Free Member

Has anyone tried the extended knee versions?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘POC VPD knee pads any good ?’ is closed to new replies.