Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • POC trabec vs Urge enduromatic
  • moose2008
    Free Member

Has anybody tried both and has a preference or any feedback other than the price difference. I fancy one or the other. Cheers

jam-bo

Do you mean urge?

moose2008
    Free Member

Sorry the Urge, it’s early.
    Corrected.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mackem

Havent tried either but the urge puts me off with the silly flash gordon graphics. Just in case my opinion is important.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Havent tried either but the urge puts me off with the silly flash gordon graphics. Just in case my opinion is important.

It isn’t.

Mackem

ooh, that’s a bit better, the ones in the lbs and ones i’ve seen in the mags, look silly.

lucien

Urge is hot when I ride with it, feels good on and is quite light even when compared to full XC lid. It’s just hot…………VERY!!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Apart from coolness (metaphorically) is there any benefit to these super expensive helmets?

beb

I’ve got an Enduromatic – is a bit hot but feels very protective, secure, it is very light and for my head at least super comfy. I wouldnt say its VERY hot though…and thats after an Australian summer in one.

The pads do a very good job of keeping the sweat off your face though, much better than my roadie helmet. That black one up there looks cool too.

dasnut
    Free Member

Poc has all kinds of safety stuff. The trabec race in particular.
    If thats of any concern to you in a helmet is your choice. Personally its high up my list.

I don’t find mine any hotter than the xen it replaced.

Vortexracing

what about the new Giro Feature

I have an Urge and think it’s great. Very light

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

I’ve got both.
    A gold urge & black trabec.
    They both feel completely different.
    The urge is 320g, is hotter & has a more complete coverage feel. It is very comfy & really high quality finish.
    The trabec is 407g, feels like a conventional helmet, nice & cool & also high quality.
    I use the trabec for commuting & warmer rides while the urge is good for winter.
    The urge is definitely more ‘bling’ if that’s your thing.

stevenieve
    Free Member

I have the Poc and the Urge, both in black. Trabec is matte finish, Enduro is gloss.
    The Urge sizing comes up small, so would try before you buy.
    It does run a bit hotter, not as well vented but fine once your moving.
    Sizing on the Trabec for me is spot on and you have the retention system at the back and the adjustable visor, the Urge has neither.
    I alternate them, so both see equal use.
    To me the Trabec is the quality item, the Enduro is more of a pimped up piss-pot style lid

sunnrider
    Free Member

Tried them both and got a trabec race. The urge would boil yer head like an egg where I live.

sparkyrhino

Got my urge for £42 bargin very light and comfy like mentioned before can be warm but the gangsta brow pad works a treat no sweat in my eyes,love the fact it’s bling,goes with my silver grill init

vondally
    Free Member

bought the urge following surgery on my neck…
    light
    comforable…very no pressure points
    fit okay, played around with the pads
    excellent protection
    warm……defo not mega hot and i sweat like a swaty thing, pads do a great job of holding sweat and the vents work great on ant decline or flat to get air flow.

Not tried the pOC as there were no stockists….intrested in the urge am pot

nicksar
    Free Member

Got a Black and White Urge, yeah it can be a little hot but it feels great on

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

i’ve just got a TSG substance only had it 2 days but is very comfy and very cool air flow wise,simialar stylewise to Trabec(in my mind anyway)

bwaarp
    Free Member

The expensive version of the POC has MIPs technology, which supposedly reduces impact G’s in oblique blows by having the outer shell kind of move/slide over an inner shell.

If I had a lot of money/was racing DH I’d get their MIPs DH helmet.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘POC trabec vs Urge enduromatic’ is closed to new replies.