Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Plymouth MTBers
  • bgd
    Free Member

Working evenings and weekends part time and being a stay at home dad the rest of the time my mountain biking has been very sporadic the last couple of years.

However, I have just been made redundant so all of a sudden i have a lot more spare time and intend to catch up on a lot of the biking ive missed.

Usually I ride on my own but was wondering if anyone local fancied some company on night or weekend rides? I’m not the fittest or the fastest at the moment but if you dont mind me tagging along it would be great to meet some local mtbers.

eviljoe
    Free Member

I’m Exeter way, but often ride on Dartmoor. Might be worth looking up the Yogis;
    Yogis

Couple of mates are in the club, apparently they are a friendly bunch 🙂

christof
    Free Member

Hi, I’m in Plymouth. I work fairly irregular shifts and am usually up for rides.
    Give my a email and we’ll get out some where.
    Hope to hear from you
    Chris

galactus
    Free Member

Hi bdg,
    In Plymouth as well.
    Up for night rides etc 😀
    Email in profile.

galactus
    Free Member

Oops no its not!
    Email is…lapierrezesty AT rocketmail DOT com
    Cheers

bgd
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I’m away on Saturday for a week but will be in touch when I’m back. Might be able to sneak out for an hour or so tomorrow night if anyone’s interested.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Plympton based here,
    ride tues/thurs evenings from 1930 & sun mornings 0830 (ish) with a small group, your more than welcome to join us..

as an aside the yogi’s are a good bunch, the tuesday nite ride starts around 6pm from B&Q plympton and is a fairly quick paced affair of around 2-3hrs, the thursday ride is gentler but they have a wierd way of sorting it out, they drive to yelverton then decide where to ride then drive off to where they have decided then ride..i cba with that, I’d rather just ride from the house.

I’m sometimes free during the days mon/tues too so always worth mailing me if you fancy some company, we can share some local knowledge!
    same applies to anyone else really drop me a mail if you fancy some company…

EDIT..and by company i obviously mean someone to cycle with!

jam-bo

I’m in tavi and ride grenofen a fair bit. Usually tues/thurs evening for me once the boy is in bed.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Jam bo, am definitely up for a bit of that, I’ve not ridden there at all apart from doublewaters…will mail you re next week, Gawton all day Sunday for me so perhaps one evening next week , I’m off on Tuesday so will ride/surf (if there is any) during the day..so maybe Thursday eve.?

jam-bo

Thursday is probably easier as I wouldn’t have the dog in tow.

carlphillips
    Free Member

nice one, will mail you during the week.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Plymouth MTBers’ is closed to new replies.