Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Plumbers…does this invoice sound fair?
  • rockhopper70

I needed to move a radiator in a room as a result of other works ongoing.
    So, I disconnected the original radiator. The system was already drained down to allow other installations to be completed.
    The existing pipes run under the floor boards at the edge of the room, under where the new radiator was to go.
    So, the invoice, to cut into the existing flow and return, bend up through the floorboards in microbore and attach to a new radiator.
    I will be flabbergasted if any genuine guess is what we have been invoiced.
    Oh, and I bought the radiator to avoid being overcharged….. 🙄

Stoner
    Free Member

£200

TheBrick
    Free Member

£1234567890

Woody
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking you made the elementary mistake of getting the job done without a quote first?

If so – £250

paulosoxo
    Free Member

3.6million?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Some combination of those numbers and that symbol may be with a `.’ thrown in too.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Oral sex, he wanted oral sex didn’t he?

ojom
    Free Member

Packet of biscuits?

rockhopper70

£799.00

Jamie
    Free Member

Hopefully he at least brought you a drink before ****ing you.

ojom
    Free Member

Damn i was close.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

lol he took the piss and then went for a shit on you’re drive

Mr_C
    Free Member

That’s a conveniently rounded figure. Have you been given a breakdown of charges.

robido

i am i the trade i would have charged you £125 +vat

Jamie
    Free Member

You want to up your prices Robido 😉

blooddonor
    Free Member

I am in the trade would have charged you £100 bangers & mash.
    “And no smiley face”

Shadow
    Free Member

Im also in the trade and i would have charged you no more than £150.

Tell him you want a break down of costs and if he wont do it give him 150 notes (with a witness) and tell him to sue you 😉

rockhopper70

I haven’t paid anything yet as I this invoice has been presented by the builder in with all the works done at £15,000ish. This radiator move was an extra but I have a niggle that they might be trying to claw back what they may have lost on the main contract (quoted for up front) which turned out a bit more nadgery than I think they planned.
    A breakdown has been requested and is awaited.

barbus
    Free Member

Yep,
    Proper Pish-take.
    Tell him you have taken professional advise (not from a load of no-names on a mountain bike forum.

£250.00 Tops.

totalshell

all bull cocks.. for repiping to a single rad we’d charge by the hour it’d be done in two hours so 80 quid plus materials at £15 for copper plus 10.50 for the valves.. thats job done 105.50

we fitted 3 boilers this week the most expensive was 450 labour and we were there for a full day 9 – 6

we provide good value work using the best materials ( worcester bosch etc) i’ve worked mon 9 -6 tues 9 – 11am wed 9- 8 thurs 9- 8 fri 9- 7 sat 9 -11 and i’m clear about 2 grand this week having done about 11 jobs in total

alpin
    Free Member

9-11…. is that am or pm?

if the latter that’s along working week…. i’d take every third week off if i was you!

seanodav
    Free Member

Chances are the price was 150 quid and the rest is what the builder has added, try having word with the plumber?

totalshell

11am sneaked off for 20 miles mtl/pbw.. gotta have some fun.. and i do only work every couple of weeks so hopefully the sun stays till monday when the bike will be dragged out again.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Plumbers…does this invoice sound fair?’ is closed to new replies.