Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Plebgate, the rulers strike back!
  • druidh
    Free Member

That’s abominable!

“passed elections”
    “digesting behaviour”
    “site seeing”

big_n_daft
    Free Member

And also contains almost word for word what it says in the Police Logbook.
    And it was sent before the details of the Police Logbook were made public

is the leaked version of the logbook the real document, have the Met confirmed that it’s real and not a fake?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

A second arrest has been made, how many more before Christmas?

binners

I Wonder if any of the officers responsible for fabricating evidence at hillsborough will ever be arrested?

Clearly a cabinet ministers career is a much more pressing issue than 96 deaths 🙄

Stoner
    Free Member

give them a bloody chance binners, theyve only just (a few weeks ago) put the laws in place to be able to go after them. Sometimes the cynicism in here can be a bit choking 🙄

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is set to gain new powers after the House of Lords passed legislation prompted by the Hillsborough disaster and cover-up.

MPs approved the bill, which enables the IPCC to compel serving officers to give evidence in person, last week.

The IPCC could investigate up to 2,400 serving or retired officers as it examines the Hillsborough case.

Ministers say the bill is “essential to achieve justice” for the victims.

Home Office minister Lord Taylor of Holbeach told peers: “The bill before the House today is essential to achieve justice for the 96 innocent men, women and children who died as a result of the Hillsborough disaster.

“This short bill provides the IPCC with the tools it needs to and marks one step further along the road to justice for the victims of Hillsborough. All who support this aim will, I’m sure, support this bill.”
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20681825

binners

Cynicism? They’ve had over 20 years, and done absolutely nothing!!!

Whereas, you upset an MP…..

Junkyard
    Free Member

Be fair Binners though its not like they had video evidence on hilsborough or witness statements

Still good to know 20 years on and plod still lies
    I wonder if judges are paying attention to this fact
    Ignoring political point scoring we are prety screwed if plod keep getting found out to lie as they testify in court quite a bit – not good

Stoner did the police have the ability to refuse to attend the IPCC – Holds head in hands 😯

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who watches the watcher

Stoner
    Free Member

JY, yep and also:

The bill will also mean that in exceptional circumstances, the IPCC could investigate a matter that has already been investigated by its predecessor body, the Police Complaints Authority.

Without the changes in the Bill the IPCC wouldnt have been able to revisit the investigation of the officers at all.

binners

So I wonder if we’ll see any arrests, as in the pleb gate case.

I predict a raft of senior officers retiring on grounds of I’ll health

Stoner
    Free Member

Retirement wont protect an officer from criminal charges, only professional sanctions. Your cynicism is showing again binners.

We can investigate both criminal and misconduct offences after an officer has retired, though retirement prevents any misconduct sanction

http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/news/Pages/pr_121012.aspx

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/about-us/parliamentary-business/written-ministerial-statement/hillsborough-investigation-wms/?view=Standard&pubID=1144249

binners

God only knows how I’ve ended up so cynical! Maybe it’s because I’m presently listening to a Tory MP, on the news, saying ‘we have to rebuild trust in the police’. Funny that. Until one of their own number found themselves on the wrong end of it, they didn’t seem to give a toss about the subject!

I’ll believe they’re serious on the matter when as many officers have been arrested over hillsborough as they have over plebgate.

I won’t be holding my breath

Stoner
    Free Member

God only knows how I’ve ended up so cynical

someone has to do it what with the forced retirement of two previous title holders in here…. 😉

binners

I consider it a moral obligation 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

we are in your debt Binners

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Plebgate, the rulers strike back!’ is closed to new replies.