Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Please help me install bloody windows 8
  • iolo
    Free Member

I installed windows 8 on my netbook.
    The worst thing I could ever do as the screen does not have a high enough resolution and the processor is not strong enough.
    Can someone please tell me how to get windows 7 back.
    I have no start button on the desktop view and dont even know how to switch the netbook off.
    I have no windows 7 software to restore and dont know how to restore it back a few days.

molgrips
    Free Member

It should be ok on a netbook, surely? It’s meant to be okay for all sorts of devices according to the spiel.

iolo
    Free Member

This netbook is 4 months old and it really doesnt work. Bloody windows.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm.. I still think it should work. Where’s Cougar?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Is windows 8 now released to the wider pleblic now? Or is it still on release candidate?
    Expect someone will suggest a Linux install instead.

baldSpot
    Free Member

move the mouse to the bottom right hand corner and you should see a menu pop appear on the right. the “turn off” option is in there, under “settings”

molgrips
    Free Member

A very quick google suggests that MS have indeed focused on making it work on small devices like netbooks, and done a good job. However most of the ‘metro’ apps that come with the preview are made for too high a screen resolution.

That’s the stuff in the squares you see when you log in. However you don’t need to use this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Please help me install bloody windows 8’ is closed to new replies.