Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Please help me decide which picture to put on canvas (pics)
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

I took some pics of my kids on the weekend, and cant decide between these two.

I plan to blow one up for my wife on a big canvas as a Christmas present (cant afford to do both)

Please help me choose……

Number one

Or, number two

nbt

the second

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Agreed. Number 2 is a great shot, really natural feeling.

roundwheels
    Free Member

No1

sc-xc

yep. No.2

clunker

both very good pics, but #2 should go to print.

Kahurangi

I like the composition of 2 more… BUT you can see their faces more in no. 1, which I think is important for something to go on your wall like this.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

No 2 makes them look younger somehow.

Depending on the size of canvas you'll need at least 1 1/2 inches for the wraparound on all sides. No 1 may be a bit tight on the top edge but you may be able to manufacture it in photoshop (esp if hung on the wall where you wont see it)

Skippy

Great pics, No2 is better

hambl90
    Free Member

no.1 it has a better view of their faces.

Kit
    Free Member

No. 2. Excellent work!

lister

strange, number 2 looks a lot LESS natural to me, I prefer 1.

marsdenman
    Free Member

both great, for me, if i could only print one it would be #1

millsonwheels
    Free Member

At first I thought number 2, but I now think number one is best, if it fits onto canvas ok. It seems more natural. Great idea for a present btw 🙂

johnners
    Free Member

Nico
    Free Member

Lovely pics but canvas is for oil paintings. Photos should be on paper. Nice paper. Textured paper maybe. Nice frame. But not canvas. That's bogus.

Mintman
    Free Member

I like number 2 and would probably opt for that one. Before printing i'd crop some of the area to the left of your daughter so that the kids are in the middle; they're slightly off centre at the moment.

Suggsey
    Free Member

No 1 for me on the faces in no2 your daughters face is too obscured.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Trekster

No1 for me

Could possibly do 2 prints by cutting it in half?

mogrim

#1, but if the vignetting is artificial, crop it a bit and get the kids off-centre.

Have you tried in B&W?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Although No2 is a great shot, i reckon your Mrs would prefer to see both their faces.
    No1 Daughter might also throw a paddy if you hide her face….

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Number 1.
    Personally I would Photoshop some of the space out from between them, making th appear closer together

MM

stompy

No 1 for sure…….

yetiguy
    Free Member

Thanks to y,all for the comments – food for thought

really appreciate it

Kev

Bunnyhop

2 is the better picture, though I would print 1 because you can see more of their faces.

samuri
    Free Member

No 1 looks better to me.

2hottie
    Free Member

Number 1. Seems less forced in some way. Ps you see the faces better which as they are your kids might be important.

roper
    Free Member

No1 is better to me, more natural leave more open to the viewer. No2 is good but looks more like an advertising shot.

stumpy01

No 1 for the face reason mentioned already.

Although – have you tried #2 with a square crop. I reckon that would look great. I like square crops!

nonk
    Free Member

1 for me.

bruneep

doc_blues
    Free Member

they are great – number 2 is I reckon the winner in my book, although its a hard choice

have oyu thought about an alternative to canvas – say either a print laminated onto acrylic or a box frame – these deserve a better texture than canvas – and those two mediums might be good for it.

I have a pro account with Loxely Colour – they produce fab prints – not cheap, but I know they have some offers on 20×16 box frames and 20×16 wraps (which come either as a canvas or photo finish) – give them a try (you owuld need to register, but thats a doddle given that I registered when I wasnt even trading properly)

tomzo
    Free Member

number 1! Whilst I normally a huge lover of the desaturated tones with a vignette, i think the vignette needs to be a little less obvious. Nice shot though.

I also think numero 2 looks more staged! Funny how we all see 2 photos so differently!

grumm
    Free Member

takisawa2

No1 for me.

So totting up including mine…

18 for #1
    9 for #2

martinxyz
    Free Member

how hard would it be to go back and take more? not trying to peev you off but if its not too much trouble then try and get a mix of the two pics. like folk have said,the faces are in pic 1 and it doesnt look as staged but the 2nd pic has a nice depth of field.Pic 1 has been photoshopped a little too much up the centre and its distracting me.Maybe its just me though as i always start to question pics that have been altered instead of enjoying them.

Like the pic on the homepage right now. Its a nice pic but the sunlight alteration distracted me and put me off taking in the moment and trying to live it a little.

jedi

number one has a moment in time feel to it rather than a set up one if that makes sense

yetiguy
    Free Member

I took over 500 pics at the beach that day so there will be more with both faces.

Its really subjective though isn't it.

0091paddy
    Free Member

IMO, the first picture.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Please help me decide which picture to put on canvas (pics)’ is closed to new replies.