Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Play in Saint pedal axle
  • Simon

Got some brand new Saint pedals yesterday.
    Fitted them last night and headed off to work over the moors this morning.
    It soon became apparent that there’s a lot of play in the r/h pedal.
    Anything I can do to sort it? Or just send them back?

warpcow
    Free Member

It might be fixable, might not (Saints aren’t known for being ultra-reliable anymore unfortunately). Only way to know is to open them and adjust. Unscrew the Yellow/gold collar and adjust the bolt on the end of the axle.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My son (& his mate) have just sent their Saints back to CRC after about 2-3 months use for full refunds for the same reason. (Got refunds with no quibbles mind) Bearings just kept loosening for whatever reason.
    He’s got some Nukeproof Something Or Anothers now.

jam-bo

Brand new? I’d send them back

wiggles
    Free Member

Send them back, happens to some pairs bit usually sorted on warranty.

badbob
    Free Member

mine been fine for 19 months so far, but i guess they sell by the shed load? very simple inside ( why i choose them)

send them back

Simon

I emailed CRC warranty this afternoon.
    Just wish I’d noticed the wobble before I rode them 🙄

I unscrewed the axle but couldn’t see a way to take up the play.

endurokid
    Free Member

Same problem here, and I think mine creak too. Took the axle out cleaned, packed full of grease and they still creak. I’m positive the pedals are creaking due to the play in the axle. I saw the little but at the end of the axle but didn’t think this could be adjusted?

Might go back to Nanos as I had no issues with them.

endurokid
    Free Member

I’ve just adjusted the axle and pretty much eliminated all play.

Once the axle is removed use a 15mm pedal spanner on the axle and gently tighten the larger of the two nuts at the end of the axle, don’t over tighten as when you refit the axle it will make the bearings feel rough. I’ve just done this on a doner set and all play has virtually gone, and the bearings feel smooth.

Make sure you pack the pedal body with loads of grease to force the old dirty grease out of the axle.

I’m going to try this on the ones I actually use to see if the creaking stops too.

Simon

Good news. Posted them back to CRC and they’re sending me a new pair of pedals.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Play in Saint pedal axle’ is closed to new replies.