Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • places. to ride in norfolk. near cromer
  • jdalley05
    Free Member

Visiting relatives who have recently moved near to cromer. Is it worth taking a bike? Enjoy riding everything from dh to xc, bmx tracks and trails style dirt jumps. Cheers.

nealglover
    Free Member

Dont worry, Someone will be along shortly to helpfully point out that Norfolk is generally pretty flat.

1-shed
    Free Member

Just come back from staying near Burnham Market, I took my monster cross and a map and did a few nice rides from the door. Mainly tracks including Peddars way. Gently rolling countryside. Plenty to explore, fancied riding along the beach at Holkam but didn’t have time. Take the bike and take it easy.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I grew up in that area…well…sort of grew up. Anyway… Some places to look up: Bacton Woods, Pretty Corner (Sherringham), Ringland Hills (Near Norwich but due to ‘trail building’, which was nothing less than sheer vandalism, mountain bikers were pretty unwelcome there last time I saw the area) and if you fancy going further afield…Thetford.

My two penne ‘orth is that North Norfolk is as hilly as Norfolk is ever going to get this side of the next ice age so the hills around you are as big as hills in that area are going to get. If I was in your position I’d take an XC bike and go exploring. What I used to do was take an OS map and try to string together as many of the ‘little bits’ of fun singletrack as I could find and just accept that you’d have to use tarmac or very boring tracks to join them all up again.

boblo
    Free Member

The Peak. HTH 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘places. to ride in norfolk. near cromer’ is closed to new replies.