Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • pizza van needed- edale
  • Lankysprinter
    Free Member

HELP!
    does anyone know of a good mobile pizza van that would come to edale valley for a wedding?
    All the ones I’m finding are down south or abroad- surely there’s one somewhere around the north west?

Failing that does anyone have a pizza van for sale!

hels
    Free Member

Sound like a classy wedding !

derek_starship
    Free Member

We used to visit one in Grimaud in Provence. Emblazoned down both sides of the van was “Pizza Fanny”

Never failed to make us laugh.

Graham_Clark

Wow… Since when has Edale been in the North West?

Stoner
    Free Member

where is edale then?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Derbyshire 😉

It’s on the wrong side of the Pennines to be in the NW

Stoner
    Free Member

Derbyshire

mleh, well if it’s north of the M42 it could be in Shetland for all Id notice 😉

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

north west, midlands, yorkshire..whatever it is- I’m in the north west so if they are too that’d be easier

pizza van as in proper pizza off a wood over, rather than greasy pizza and kebab van!

chakaping
    Free Member

Do people drive round with a wood fired oven in their van to sell pizzas?

Sounds cool. Would much rather have that at a wedding than the overcooked attempts at “fine dining” usually served!

hels
    Free Member

We had one at Innerleithen for an event once, but he was based in Edinburgh. It’s that place on Leith Walk – I’ll try and remember to look it out when I get home but can’t post until tomorrow as Sky stole my broadband.

funkynick

Have you contacted the guys at Dingley Dell? They make lightweight pizza ovens and are based near Birmingham I believe…

If they don’t have anything suitable then I am sure they will be able to give you some pointers at the very least…

thomthumb
    Free Member

http://www.thepizzavan.co.uk/index.htm

first one on google was manchester!

freddyg
    Free Member

Buy one: http://www.vitcas.com/outdoor-living

Or make one:

1. Collect Clay (3 buckets approx) and mix with builders sand till you have a good sticky clay / sand mix
    2. On a solid surface (like a concrete slab) make a dome of sand big enough to be able to get a fire going inside and also to allow room for bread / pizza etc…
    3. cover the outside of the dome in damp newspaper then start building the clay around the dome of sand.
    4. Mark and cut out the enterance to the oven and wait 24 hours for the clay to harden.
    5. Remove the sand from inside the oven and get a small fire going, building it up over an hour or so.
    6. To cook simply move the burning embers to the sides to give you space in the middle to cook on..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘pizza van needed- edale’ is closed to new replies.