Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Pizza delivery – to your hotel room ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Staying in one of the UK’s finer budget hotels for a night over the weekend whilst on route…can one order food to a hotel ?

zokes
    Free Member

Er – ring up and ask either the hotel or pizza place?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

thats way to easy !

trail_rat
    Free Member

ive done it in the past in a multitude of hotels round the world when the hotel foods been crap , sometimes they(hotel rather than delivery co) get pissy about it, esp if there is a restaurant on the premises.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep. I’ve delivered Dominos Pizza to more than one hotel.

joshbosh12
    Free Member

Yeah, i’ve done this in London. Reception normally ring you to let you know it’s there.

luffy105
    Free Member

Yep, I often stay inn a premier budget hotel and whilst the rooms are fine the food often aint that good so sometimes get a pizza delivered. Pretty common really, see the delivery guys quite frequently in the receptions

jota180
    Free Member

I’ve done it a few times in Premier Inns
    I’ve usually waited at reception for it though

ThePinkster

I always remember getting a funny look from the concierge at the Grafton on Tottenham Court Road once when I was trying to smuggle a Big Mac meal into the hotel at about 1 in the morning, while being slightly inebriated.

hammerite
    Free Member

The night porter at a Premier Inn we were staying at (big group from work) facilitated the ordering of the pizza for us, he also rung a supermarket and ordered a load of beer that was delivered for us too. I think it was a well rehearsed routine as he had price lists and menus laminated. Still top man.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Had one hotel that had plates and crockery ready for take away diners

joshbosh12
    Free Member

When i stayed in a hotel in London they had a few piles of local take aways for you to choose from.

sing1etrack

You’ll sometimes find the receptionists have an arrangement with a local takeaway that they’ll have the menu for behind the counter and will presumably get a drop off the takeaway for each order that they ‘facilitate’. I had a smashing curry at the travelodge at Gatwick after returning from holiday, as recommended by the receptionist. Ask them if there’s anywhere they recommend when you check in.

konabunny
    Free Member

I used to deliver pizzas to hotel rooms all the time.

Duane…
    Free Member

Had pizza delivered to the uni library once during a rather long revision session…

allthepies
    Free Member

Did you offer extra toppings ?

konabunny
    Free Member

Did you offer extra toppings ?

After six hours of being in a sweaty motorcycle suit, there weren’t many requests for it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yep, they all do it, posh, cheap, takeaways of all kinds. Good hotels are only too happy to help you out finding somewhere too. That’s why you pay em.

cakeeater
    Free Member

A decent Hotel will offer you cutlery, plates and even linen napkins.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’ve had pizza delivered to my hospital room on two separate occasions.

barkm
    Free Member

I always remember getting a funny look from the concierge at the Grafton on Tottenham Court Road once when I was trying to smuggle a Big Mac meal into the hotel at about 1 in the morning, while being slightly inebriated.

Grafton is my second home, at least 3 nights a week, never ever had an issue at any time of the day bringing food in (of every variety!), apart from breakfast I’ve never eaten their meals. They’ll even hold the door open for me whilst I haul in my Wasabi dinner from next door.

johndoh
    Free Member

Ohh and I once tried to get into my hotel wearing nothing but a polystyrene chip carton. Does that count?

molgrips
    Free Member

A decent Hotel will offer you cutlery, plates and even linen napkins.

This is true, sometimes they accept the delivery and send it up as room service on a nice tray 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Pizza delivery – to your hotel room ?’ is closed to new replies.