Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Pisa and cinque terre.
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Planning to take kids (6 and 3) on short break to pisa and cinque terre. Does anyone have any good family accommodation recommendations?

Or any general good stuff to see.

CHB

Pisa underwhelmed me. Florence however…wow!

Jolsa

Loved Cinque Terre, Pisa was rather average. We stayed in this apartment in La Spezia as a base for the Cinque Terre last year.

Great host, fantastic value, would stay there again without a doubt.

Worth checking out Portovenere.

theotherjonv

Pisa’s a hole except for the tower.

Get yourself to Siena and/or Lucca for mediaeval walled splendour, San Gimignano for towers, and as noted Florence for art.

alexxx
    Free Member

cinque terra is ace – been twice… since it’s late ive got no facts for you but go to the furthest town of the 5 and look on air b n b for an apartment in the very centre… absolutely loved it and barely any tourists in that town and a great rocky beach. (and wicked g&t’s)

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

cheers. Only spending one night in Pisa, just want to see the tower (my son is very excited about this, i think he likes poor quality building standards). Planning to spend 2 nights in cinque terre. and last night would love to stay in florence if i can get an early train to bologna for flight home.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Bump for the morning crowd.

mogrim

I hated Florence, although I realise I’m in the minority here – horrible place, jammed with tourists (including me, I realise this), and nothing too special. If you really must go make sure you get all your tickets online before heading there, unless you particularly enjoy queuing.

There are much prettier towns in that part of the world: Siena, Orvieto, and loads of small hilltop villages.

jimdubleyou

Bookmarking for a potential trip…

jamesfts
    Free Member

As has already been said Pisa hasn’t much to offer other than the tower. Lucca on the other hand is an amazing place though is getting more popular with tourists every year.

alexxx
    Free Member

Pisa isn’t great but… If you are looking at the tower and behind you is the long outstretch of grass if you walk that direction and through the old wall on that backstreet (to your right as walking in that direction) there is a really nice tiny restaurant thats cheap and super good food and not suffering from the overcrowded mayhem of the centre.

Also there is a campsite that have static homes about 2 miles away from the centre with parking, swimming pools ect and it’s very cheap!

We popped in on motorbikes for an evening whilst on a road trip.

Pickers

Bookmarking for a potential trip…

Yes..

sprootlet
    Free Member

Loved cinque terra when I was there, the beach and people watching was just great. The italian man in the skintight seethru white speedos is something I will never forget but I wish I could!
    We caught the ferry, train and walked between the villages and I think you can also paddle as well.
    Wish I’d been there for longer to be honest

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Lucca – every time.

go by train from there into Florence or Pisa then come back home to a better place.

If you do want to be in Pisa – the Ariston used to be in the best place

badnewz
    Free Member

Another vote for Lucca. Great place.
    Cinque Terre is unique, definitely worth a visit. 2 nights is ample.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Pisa and cinque terre.’ is closed to new replies.