Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pikes losing lockout function
  • Rich
    Free Member

Over time my Pikes stop 'locking out', and Im pretty sure this is to do with the oil levels.

I was just wondering which seal would I need to replace to stop this?

While I'm here, every time the forks compress the spring clicks/knocks quite loudly, any ideas why?

Thanks.

scaredypants

over time whilst riding or storing ?

I store mine standing on the back wheel (so fork at least partially upside down) and lock out tends not to work when I first ride it

walla24
    Free Member

same here, take em out and bounce around for a bit, lockout returns….oddd mind

Rich
    Free Member

Riding or storing. Mine don't return even after riding on them.

It has happened a couple of time and only started working again after topping up the oil levels. So it seems the oil is seeping through somewhere, just not sure which seal it will be.

Maybe the one round the white ring that clips into the bottom of the leg?

seanodav
    Free Member

Blown seal on moco is my guess.

scaredypants

I blew the cartridge on mine and it pretty much locked solid, apart from half an inch of totally undamped travel at the top (suppose different seals might cause different symptoms though ?)

stumpy01

If the damping system is similar to the Reba's, then you are losing oil from the damper cartridge into the lower leg, from the sound of it.

It happened to my Reba's and a strip down, clean & re-oil sorted it out. You might not have 'blown' a seal or knackered one; I serviced mine and used the original seals & it all went fine – been fine for about 4 months now, possibly more.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Had this happen to me with my Pikes.

It's a seal in the damping circuit which TF Tuned modify as part of their service procedure. Get your forks looked at by TFT and it shouldn't be a problem.

walla24
    Free Member

Yeah only when stored, have been using it daily and have not had it happen for a while now.

TFT, how much does that cost? sounds expensive 🙁 will give them a fluid top up at some point.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pikes losing lockout function’ is closed to new replies.