Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pike RC issue
  • failedengineer

My Pike RC has stopped locking out when the compression dial is rotated all the way clockwise. In fact the compression dial seems to have no effect at all now. The fork is working well, it just seems that the compression damping is permanently fully open. Rebound seems OK. The damper hasn’t lost any fluid. Anyone else experienced this?

renton
    Free Member

What damper does it have fitted?

My pike rc 29 has a blue dial (charger damper?) and although it stiffens the fork up it doesnt fully lock out ?

failedengineer

The same, blue dial. It did lock the fork until this weekend. I haven’t used the bike for 4 or 5 weeks, I don’t know if that may have had something to do with it?

tillydog
    Free Member

Have a look at the ~10th post of this thread (after the song!)

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-shall-we-do-with-a-broken-bluto

Might be the same thing.

(Hopefully you can work it out from the MTBR thread – Photobucket has mangled my pictures :-S )

failedengineer

That thread refers to an RCT3 fork, mine’s an RC. Might be different damper systems?

nickdavies

Nip the top cap off, could just be its slipped off or dirty. Carefully see if you can achieve full compression by turning the main adjuster. Clean and reassemble and see if it sorts it. I’ve had one pair where it just needed lining up properly the top cap was running out of action before the adjuster was.

I’ve also seen another with the damper in 2 pieces…

failedengineer

Took the lowers off last night and the damper is leaking. That would explain it, then ….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pike RC issue’ is closed to new replies.