Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Photography Courses
  • ianpinder
    Free Member

Thinking of doing one at the local college.

Has anyone done one, and did they find it usefull?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I did a C&G years ago, part time on Saturday mornings.
    It got me into darkroom stuff and I really enjoyed it. I started doing wedding photography not long after completing the course and made some money at that to spend on more cameras and bikes so it worked out well. More of a paying hobby though these days.

probably all digital these days but still worth while IMO

go for it.

Jossie

I'm in the second year of doing A level photography, its very arty based and surprisingly hard work. But I'm enjoying in and have learned a lot if the past year and half.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

12 years back I did c&g courses at night school for a couple of years,I got right into it and did my HNC after that.I really enjoyed it and got into the printing side,used to love doing fibre based prints and lith printing.After that I did a portraiture course for a year at night school,learning all the different lighting techniques,used to look forward to going to the class.
    I found it all very useful,time well spent.

ianpinder
    Free Member

nice, just thinking about doing a 20 week beginners course at the local adult education centre, not to expensive and seems worth a punt

Raindog
    Free Member

I'm doing a BTEC level 2 now. It's quite basic, but it's got me back into thinking like a photographer again rather than someone who takes decent snaps. I'd recommend it.

DT78
    Free Member

I'm interested in a course as well but don't own an SLR – would I be shunned if I turned up with a canon G10?

nbt

I did an As-level in photography at night school. It was interesting in that if got me taking photos of stuff I wouldn't normallt shoot, but it's very much about the art rather than the photography. your pics have to be in focus and well composed of course, but you then need to be able to relate your pictures to those of other photographers, saying how you were inspired, or used this technique that person X made famous. not really my bag

As for using a G10, you have to do one term using film, so you;d need to pick up a film camera – you have to do your own printing of 35mm prints

motoscopix
    Free Member

Is it not the person behind the camera who takes the picture? If you can take great shots with the lowliest of cameras then only the quality of the image can be improved by a better camera, not the quality of the picture.

Cheers Paul

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Photography Courses’ is closed to new replies.