Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Photo Size reduction
  • ReallyOldGit
    Free Member

Can anyone recoomend a program that will reduce the size of photos, so I can archive at a lower resolution. Prefereably a freeware prog. I know I can do it with Photoshop one by one, but it would be useful to do it by folder, ortherwise I will take forever.

pacemaker
    Free Member

I use vso image resizer, free from download.com

GrahamS

Why would you "archive" at lower resolution?

Surely one generally archives the originals so they are safe and can be used again, no?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

so I can archive at a lower resolution

why ???

hp_source

As GrahamS & SFB have said, keep the original size for archiving, hard disk space is hardly expensive nowadays.

if however you're still after a free easy resizer, there's an XP powertoy for the job… should work on Vista too I'd have thought, just right click on a single or batch of images then choose 'resize image(s)'

XP download Link

beanum

If you have Microsoft Office (2003 or 2007), the "free" Picture Manager will batch re-size photos… I use it all the time before posting on Flickr..

tomdebruin
    Free Member

you can record an action to do it with photoshop and automate the whole process.

5thElefant
    Free Member
    cp

irfanview is a great little program

sharkbait
    Free Member

I use pixresizer. It's free, works perfectly and does single images or batches. Get it HERE

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Photo Size reduction’ is closed to new replies.