Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Photo Club discussion
  • Kit
    Free Member

Good grief, I hope all the rules don't put people off! Looking forward to seeing what you guys post this week 🙂

Mr_C
    Free Member

The window for voting seems a bit narrow – not everyone can get on here during the day, some of us have to work.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Photos? now why would I do a thing like that? 😀

Drac

I'm puzzled how a statue counts as a person.

CountZero

Drac – Member

Look up the word 'memorial'

MrNutt
    Free Member

and while your at it look up "discombobulation" 😀

Kit
    Free Member

The window for voting seems a bit narrow…

I had assumed that the majority of people posting are doing so during the day, while at work, and voting occurs over the usual lunch period. In order that everyone gets a good chance to post photos and then has plenty of time for their assignment the voting can't take too long.

If this is a problem, however, for quite a few people then perhaps it be a bi-weekly thing with a week's worth of photos, voting at the end and then another week to cover the assignment. We'll see how this one goes!

And Mr_C, if you can only vote in the evenings then you could always vote on Wednesday night I guess!

tiggs121
    Free Member

Having difficulty uploading from fotopic – any ideas?

Do I use the address or the location url and if so do I have to tinker with it?

cheers

Drac

Look up the word 'memorial'

memorial

• noun an object or structure established in memory of a person or event.

Ah! Cheers not a person then.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Voting to be carried out in this thread from 11am-1:30pm on the 21st

I vote to extend the voting window to allow evening votes. STW is blocked at work.

Kit
    Free Member

Ah! Cheers not a person then.

Its all in the interpretation 😉

STW is blocked at work.

Righto, for this week then, voting finishes 11am Friday 22nd. I think after this week, we'll do a bi-weekly thing.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

removed due to duplication

robgarrioch

Good shots so far – like algarve_bairns b+w one of the 👿 child almost pressed against the lens.

Can we introduce a rule that those failing to abide by the rules are instantly banned from all future threads… 😈

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Can we introduce a rule that those failing to abide by the rules are instantly banned from all future threads

no

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Cheers Rob. I wan't sure if this would appeal to others as photos of kids are pretty personal but its one of my favourite shots.

robgarrioch

Just 'got' el_creedo's pic too – nicely subliminal (hint; lean your head right!)

robgarrioch

Blimey, is it possible for more to be going on than in crispybacons photo – sunset, sailing boat, clouds, a juggling tight-rope walker??? 😯
    Kudos, sir!

coffeeking
    Free Member

All seems a bit odd to me. I love photo threads but photo threads you cant discuss on, then discussion threads about the photo threads. And voting. Really this isn't the forum to do it in! Part of the love of the photo threads is the discussion about them, and it's rarely more than a sentence or two.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Blimey, is it possible for more to be going on than in crispybacons photo – sunset, sailing boat, clouds, a juggling tight-rope walker???

Cheers Rob – it was one of those right place – right time shots. It was taken at Mallory Square, Key West, USA. The guy was tight-rope walking left to right, the boat was sailing right to left & the pier post was stationary in the middle plus there was a crowd of people behind me & I couldn't move at all. They all came together at the same time with the sunset behind & click 😆 possibly the best pic I've ever taken.

cuckoo
    Free Member

Do you need to post a photo to be eligible to vote?

seven
    Free Member

Drac – Member

– Please post a photo which includes at least one person, dead (i.e. statue) or alive

Ohh, and the winner should set the next weeks competition

Kit
    Free Member

Do you need to post a photo to be eligible to vote?

Nah.

Ohh, and the winner should set the next weeks competition

Yup, already doing that.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

this thread violates the rules of photo club…

mrvear
    Free Member

To the winner. Lets make the next on more specific?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Photo Club discussion’ is closed to new replies.